• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

For Sale: 1961 Humber Super Snipe, Series 3

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
• Embassy Black with Scarlet leather Interior
• Optional Reutter individual reclining front seats
• Optional Borg Warner Automatic Transmission
• Optional Power Steering
• Original numbers matching engine
• Traditional wood and leather interior including drop down
picnic trays in the rear
• All the super rare exterior and interior trim is intact
• Purchase and maintenance records dating back to 1961
• First British car to feature dual headlamp arrangement
• Largest unibody car built in Britain at that time
• Only 8,191 built - very few in the U.S.
• $1,700 in new and NOS parts waiting to be installed on the car
• Parts Book and Workshop Manual Included
• Clear Ohio Title

I'm giving fellow club members and readers of this forum first chance at purchasing this wonderful car before it goes on ebay. Purchased in September 2004 from Jon Arzt and driven home to Ohio from Nebraska, this car runs smooth with plenty of power from its 3 liter straight six. Only 90,000 original miles. Driven to Tulsa, OK and back for Invasion VI. Comfortably seats five, and you can ride in style, just like members of Parliament did when this was their preferred car. Parts readily available from suppliers in the U.S., U.K. and Australia.

$3,500 OBO. Contact me for details – schristie at cinci dot rr dot com

http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4&stc=1&d=1194471105

Attachments

• For Sale Humber.jpg
    For Sale Humber.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 61

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
It is so Eric, but have no fears, another Rootesmobile will be replacing it soon. The mystery will come to light soon enough. ;)

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
This is a cruising machine. I went with Scott on the trip from Nebraska and it has very long legs.

I also know what Scott just bought... :cool:

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
I bought Jan's Harrington Le Mans - many of you saw it at this past Invasion.

Now, somebody please buy the Humber! :)

napa 1

Donation Time
Yes, and to take the mystery out of Ian's post from another thread, I'm the one who bought Tiger Tom's Le Mans. :D:D

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Trade for a boat?

17ft 50hp Blue Fin. Bow rider with movable seats, radio, live bait well, bilge pump, etc.????

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Shucks!

I love your car but my wife more so I guess I shouldn't try to add to my fleet just yet!!

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
I love your car but my wife more so I guess I shouldn't try to add to my fleet just yet!!

That makes two interested husbands today whose wives have nixed the deal!
Bunch of pansies!

I haven't even told my wife yet about the Le Mans.......LOL :eek:

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Well see, Ian, you have the perfect cover. An additional car could be anbody's! Here, when I had that glorious red SII shell, all of a sudden we had TWICE as many Sunbeams as before. Sometimes it helps to have an enclosed trailer, so acquisition and revelation don't have to be simultaneous.

Ken

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Yah, true. When you have as many cars coming and going as I have had in the past it's easy to hide stuff.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
We should cover each other.
When I bring a junk car home I tell everyone here, "...thats Ian's car".

napa 1

Donation Time
OK. That'll be our stock line from now on. "Is that ANOTHER Alpine?" Oh that? Uh, no honey, actually, it's Ians." I think it'll work.:D

65beam

Donation Time
excuses

you guys need a wife like mine.she never complains about me buying cars or parts. she is the one that spent all the money to restore her series 5. the china hutch in our house is full of sunbeam items instead of dishes.we have a set of lucas PL700 headlights on display on the stand on the wall opposite the china hutch.we have pictures of sunbeams hanging on the walls in five of our eight rooms in the house. she does a lot of the rebuilding of the brake and clutch units on our cars and works with me when we restore a car .she only complains when i don't bid high enough on an ebay item that we think we need and we lose the item. she takes most of her 30 days of vacation centered around car shows, auto flea markets and racing events. we spent the last four days making a 1000 mile round trip to middletown pa to drop off bumpers and other sunbeam items at a plating shop .she explained to the owner how she wanted the items to look when we go back to pick them up.after their conversation the cost went up several hundred dollars. if you guys need any advice ,just ask me! it all goes back to thirty years ago when we started dating and i told her i had a sports car in the garage.she took one look at it and said " what is it ? " since then , it's all been uphill with no end in sight. ask her about sunbeams now. she may be able to carry on a conversation concerning beams. my only problem now is she rode our neighbors motorised ice chest. how do i keep her from buying one ?