• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Flat top pistons

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Can anyone ID these pistons ? ... are they for a 1600 or 1725 ..... Thanks for any help.

..... Davd

Inside:
F68 11
Hepolite
HG413

Piston top:
C
L
I.D.12
STD

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
I can't find anything to confirm / deny that the "Hepolite 16628" pistons are correct for a 1592 or 1724 Series Alpine engine. "HG413" appears to be a reference to an aluminum alloy specification.

Flat top pistons are not suitable for either engine with a "stock" head on pump gas, but I suspect that you are thinking about the Vizard head modification which reduces the compression ratio.

The "STD" marking on top of the pistons suggests standard bore size (3.21xx inches for a 1592 or 1724 SA engine). Do you have a 1592 / 1724 engine with standard bore size? If so, $75 plus shipping from England might be a justifiable "investment." If your bores are oversize, standard bore pistons are not really worth much.

Rootes 66

Donation Time
They certainly look like the Hepolites used in the high compression engines, cross drilled and solid skirted, the numbers from memory are about right too. BUT They are used A New set if you can find them will have bidders all over them and expect to pay £450+ for std and £600 for O/S
Pete

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Thanks Guys! .... Not for any of my motors as there all overbored. An acquaintance with a standard block asked about those pistons so I thought I'd ask here. With the wealth of collective knowledge in the club I figured an answer would be forth coming.

...... David

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Hepolite 17747 pistons are what used to be called "poor mans holbay" pistons.
They are flat tops used in the hunter 1496cc engine (destroked 1725). Same bore and compression height as the stock 1725 pistons.