• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fixed back seat frames (FREE)

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I have a pair of "fixed" back bucket seats that need foam and new upholstery, but the frames are solid. Fixed meaning the back does not recline or adjust.
Hate to throw them out, but I have no use for them. Shipped from zip 94002
FREE

JSLoeffl

Gold Level Sponsor
Last call before I scrap them.
Is the seat back frame the same frame as the ones that recline? I am looking for one Alpine V seat back frame to replace one I have on my driver's side seat that is bent and twisted out of shape. I am in the process of putting on new upholstery and cushions.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Is the seat back frame the same frame as the ones that recline? I am looking for one Alpine V seat back frame to replace one I have on my driver's side seat that is bent and twisted out of shape. I am in the process of putting on new upholstery and cushions.
No

alpine_64

Donation Time
Someone else can chime in with the answer as I don't have any knowledge about that.
@DanR

Series I/II seats essentially the same. They have a metal perforated base frame the squab suts in. Back rest are fixed and no real bucketing.

Iirc the SII has the ability on the runners to recline the whole seat slightly.

Early s3 have a base squab with a seperate thigh support squab and the split rear backrest centre.
They use the webbing to support the base.

Later series 3 same as above but the base squab now 1 peice.
They use contrasting pipping on the seats

The rear squab is now 1 peice and there are more and thinner pleats in the covers. MKIa tiger use the same.