• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fitting a New Soft Top

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
I'd like to see pics of soft tops at the junction of windshield post and wing glass for Series V... What I'v done so far looks really good, but I'm having a problem wrapping the material around the front bow at the corners. Should the top material conform closely with the radius of the front bow?? Or does it have more of a squared off look?
Mine looks best when it's pulled around the curve of the bow and the end of the sewed in raingutter is right where it's folded under.... but tucked THAT tight is exceedingly hard to make flat on the underside so the retaining strip fits right. It's pretty easy to make it fit under the strip if I leave the end of the raingutter about an inch back from the fold, but leaves the top looking a little squared off looking in the front. Which way is right? I'm sure EVERY top is slightly different so I don't think an exact measurment will be possible, but I'd like to try to get an idea of whats correct.