• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fitting a MINI Wind Deflector to a Sunbeam Alpine

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
This video covers how to fit a MINI wind deflector to a Sunbeam Alpine. This significantly improves comfort for the occupants of the car when cruisng at high speed or over long distances with the roof down (which of course is what this car is made for).
The exact positioning of the brackets will depend on the seats that you use in your car. The mounting brackets themselves can be welded on or screwed/bolted on if it is preferred that they are made removable.
This modification makes a big difference for a minimal outlay. It is very easy to do on a Series V, you need to be a little more creative to do this on an earlier Series car that has folding hood bins but it is doable.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Tim, If I can find one of the Mini deflectors I will add that to my Blue Boy and most likely the other Alpines too! Very neat idea!

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi Dan,

I'm glad you like it. It makes a significant difference to the comfort of the car. When you combine it with a higher backed seat such as the MGF seat it makes the Alpine super comfortable for long distance fast cruising.

Tim R

Last edited: