• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

First step to the dark side

bohemianway

Donation Time
I was considering putting a 5.0L I have into my SV but it seemed like to much work and to much power (350hp). I never was a fan of the 2.8 having had them in their prime. But after reading the many good and easy things to converting to a 2.8 I kept an eye on craigslist occasionally and the local talent listed an unknown 2.8l. So I checked it out and it is a 74 Mustang II with bell housing and 4speed manual in pretty clean condition. I negotiated to the $50 they wanted for beer money.

Anyway, the primary owner had to work so I am waiting on if he has the dust plate, flywheel, disc, and pressure plate. Are any of these worth going back into the hills to try and recover or are they simple and low cost?

Well, now all I have to do is comb the forum and see what else is needed so I can get everything prepared in the event the 1725 gives up the ghost (hopefully not for a long time I like the feel of the old 4 banger).

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
The "dust plate" is called a block plate. I would get it if he has it, but one from an automatic 2.8 or from the Ranger/Bronco II will work. I would get the flywheel and clutch assembly, although the clutch can still be found new or remanufactured. Make sure you check on the flywheel bolts as well.