• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

First meeting

atallamcs

Donation Time
Just yesterday we had our first meeting of this new chapter. Twenty one alpines, 13 tigers and 4 harringtons showed up. The concours was great, the autocross, fast and exciting. Everyone loved the wine country tour. Isn't this good reason to join the Pacific Chapter?
Bill Atalla

alpine_64

Donation Time
38 sunbeams... WOW.. thats a huge turnout! Post some pics.. autocross results... lets see what a great club meet looks like! :cool:

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
uh, Bill, that's not a chapter meeting that's practically an Invasion!

please post some pix if you have them, we'd love to see what the west coast looks like - and not just cars, but people pictures too

atallamcs

Donation Time
meeting

I was going to tell you that John the chapter President took the pictures and would post, but then my wife thought that my joke might go a bit too far. I was only dreaming of such a gathering--trying to stimulate the other chapters. I am sure our first meeting might have a few less cars and less exciting events, oh well.
Bill

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Good one! The autocross comment made me think of that large parking lot just about half a mile from Ian's place. Hmmmm...

Ken

napa 1

Donation Time
You're a naughty boy Bill, you had everyone going , including me. Don't worry we'll have a real meeting like that soon. I've had contact with a few more people who are intested, the Pacific Chapter is growing, well, at least I think we're up to 6 Alpines, 2 Harrington's and a Tiger. I'll start working on the autocross route right away.

thequick

Donation Time
Cool, the chapter has it's own forum! Damn, how did I missed such a killer first event!!? Oh man, Bill has a brutal scence of humor!!!!!!!!!

I have my eye on you Bill.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Bill,

Where do you think the most central location for such a gathering could be? I would suggest Bakersfield, since it is almost equadistant from San Diego and San Francisco. Of course it doesn't hurt that the Alpine I'm working on is located in Bakersfield.:D Bakersfield is a car friendly town (Hot Rods and other types too), so would be a great location.

The Alpine isn't done yet, but I'm trying to get it done in time to take it to the Invasion. It would be nice to have a gathering here next year, because I know that it will be done by then for sure. I think what you posted about the imaginary meet, could easily be matched. There are many Alpines in California, we'd just need to let all the guys know when and where, and I think it could be accomplished. What do you think? :D

Jose :)

JConstable

Donation Time
I think that Jose has a first rate choice for a future Pacific Chapter meeting. Of course I am biased as both the timing (next year when I ought to be able to get the SV running) and the location (2 hrs down the road) make it suitable. Could be some good driving locations in the Southern Sierra and the Mojave.

John

napa 1

Donation Time
We'll of course we're hoping to have our first event be a drive through the vineyards of Napa Valley...We've got a strong showing of members in northern Ca, as well as some from Washington, Oregon, Nevada. I'll email everyone the list so far of members and their locations..(as soon as I have a chance). I'm thinking Bill (Atalla) might have enough beds at his place to put us all up. :p

Bill Tubbs

Donation Time
The little burg of Herald is about 80 miles from Napa via the nice country roads, or closer to 90 on the freeway (guess which one I'd take?!). I'm about 265 miles from Bakersfield, and about a hundred from San Jose. I like the Napa option :p

But once my SV is in tip-top shape (soon, I think) I don't think it will matter... as long as my truck and towdolly are operational... :D

Armand4

Donation Time
Count me in, especially if it's in Napa or anywhere else in the Bay Area. Another thought: Does anyone want to meet up at the Wine Country Classic vintage races this year at Infineon (Sears Point) Raceway? There's always an incredible array of machinery at that gathering, and they usually give special parking to car clubs and/or groups of classic cars. I'll bring some food... we can't uphold the Rootes Group's honor on empty stomachs!

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I wasn't just thinking about the bay area. There are a lot of Alpiners in L.A., San Diego and points in between too. The wine region is pretty, but some So. Cal. guys will find it hard to drive up there. I still think a more central location would insure that more guys participated. Just my opinion.

Jose :)

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Jut read the fine print

Pacific Coast Region includes Arizona. :cool: Moving back to Arizona at the end of May. No e-mail from 1 May til around then. C U then...