• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Finally finished...

A

AlpineIan

After being apart for 3 years, the Harrington Alpine is back on the road. Here are a few shots of the new paint and interior.

harrington_1.jpg

harrington_2.jpg

harrington_3.jpg

harrington_4.jpg

Lee Brogden

Donation Time
Lovely job Ian, I especially like the seats, a good example of what they should look like on my LeMans. Did you do them yourself? If so is there a pattern I could possibly get hold of for when I redo mine
Lee

A

AlpineIan

Those are the early style seat with the round tops... your LeMans should have the square top seats. I do have patterns and can make them for you using the correct grain pattern material. I can also do original style Harrington LeMans carpet sets. I'm using correct carpeting that comes from Rolls Royce/Bently.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Those are the early style seat with the round tops... your LeMans should have the square top seats. I do have patterns and can make them for you using the correct grain pattern material. I can also do original style Harrington LeMans carpet sets. I'm using correct carpeting that comes from Rolls Royce/Bently.

Looks super. Congratulations for the excellent job- well done.

I´m also in the process of buying a Harrington (LeMans ) over here in Germany . Would be very interested to buy seat patterns and carpet set. Considering red colour with white piping but not finally decided. Any choice for colours ?

Would also badly need a set of LeMans rear hatch hinges plus a rear window. Just if you know any source...

Bernd

A

AlpineIan

Bernd,

I can provide seat covers and carpet set. Best if you send me seats and I will make covers and new foams. I will return a completed set ready to bolt into the car.

I professionally clean the seat ftrames and paint them in epoxy primer. NEw foam is made to replace old deteriated foam.

I would suggest red with white piping if your car was Moonstone.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Ian,

What an outstanding Harrington you have :cool: . I can only imagine how proud you are of this car :) and see how envious we are :( . Keep up the good work.

Kind Regards, Robin.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Bernd,

I can provide seat covers and carpet set. Best if you send me seats and I will make covers and new foams. I will return a completed set ready to bolt into the car.

I professionally clean the seat ftrames and paint them in epoxy primer. NEw foam is made to replace old deteriated foam.

I would suggest red with white piping if your car was Moonstone.

Will get back to you after vehicle has arrived. Have to get it from France at first. Yes red with white piping would be also my choice considering vehicle in moonstone (of course early S2 moonstone).

Bernd

A

AlpineIan

Will get back to you after vehicle has arrived. Have to get it from France at first. Yes red with white piping would be also my choice considering vehicle in moonstone (of course early S2 moonstone).

Bernd

Ok... good choice. Moonstone and scarlet looks awesome. I can do entire interiors for Harringtons. We can discuss off line when you are ready. I'm currently restoring 1 Harrington Alpine (Owner has not decided on color scheme yet) and 3 Harrington LeMans. (Black w/ scarlet, Pippin Red w/black, and Wedgewood w/ black.)

I'm thinking that I would like to focus on Harrington restoration only and specialize in doing interior work for all Alpines and Harrington.

Ian

A

alpine in calgary

Ian.....that is one damn sweet car,care to race for pink slips against my miata with it? dont worry.....I will cut the boost on the supercharger back to 4 pounds :D

A

AlpineIan

Ian.....that is one damn sweet car,care to race for pink slips against my miata with it? dont worry.....I will cut the boost on the supercharger back to 4 pounds :D

Na... as nice as this Harrington runs, I still doubt I could beat you. I'll tell ya though, this car runs great. It really wants to pull in 2nd gear. It's got 60 over flat top pistons, shaved head with Vizard mod, lightened flywheel, LeMans cam, 40 Weber DCOE's and a 3.70:1 rear end with OD. It has very long legs! Ask Eric Gibeaut and Jim Ellis... they both got to take it for a run at the Invasion. It drives and feels like a brand new car!

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Ok... good choice. Moonstone and scarlet looks awesome. I can do entire interiors for Harringtons. We can discuss off line when you are ready. I'm currently restoring 1 Harrington Alpine (Owner has not decided on color scheme yet) and 3 Harrington LeMans. (Black w/ scarlet, Pippin Red w/black, and Wedgewood w/ black.)

I'm thinking that I would like to focus on Harrington restoration only and specialize in doing interior work for all Alpines and Harrington.

Ian

Wow then I´m talking to the right guy. Will contact you offline to discuss further requirements. Actually great news somebody to spezialize in Harringtons. Think all the normal stuff biz is quite crowded so should be a good market niche (even small Qty.).

Bernd

65beam

Donation Time
harrington

ian,
i went to annapolis ,md and visited with the folks that originally owned my car. it was interesting to hear how they got their daughter,car seat and a very large dog in the back seat.they showed us photos taken on various vacations , including a trip to the florida keys. along with the te/ae crab feast it was a great weekend.i heard stories about the car that answer a lot of questions that i've had over the years.

A

AlpineIan

Bob,

That's way cool. Did they let you make copies of the pictures?