• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

fiberglass hard top

alpine_64

Donation Time
They are not that unusual in the UK, they are a fibreglass version of the factory top shape, lots of the racers use them, lighter and no rust. Also there is company still making them in the UK.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
The Smoothline is the old Parrish Plastics type hardtop. I prefer the UK top much more and wish they were sold here!
Now here is an Astro hardtop-I just bought another one....Eric

Attachments

• Astro hardtop.jpg
    Astro hardtop.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 68

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
"Does the Astro cover the trunk and give the car a Harrington look?"

Yes it does. You remove the trunk lid and this top covers the entire opening.
Sort of a poor man's Harrington without the opening rear hatch like the Harrington. Astro made similar tops for many other cars but few seem to survive. I would love to find one for my Bugeye.....
Here is a photo of my top. Eric

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
The Smoothline is the old Parrish Plastics type hardtop.

Sure looks familiar, even after 40 years. Especially the attachment hardware. Looks like something I'd do. You'd think after all this time they'd come up with something a little more sophisticated, like buckles up front and use of the trunk hinges in the rear. I will say the J-hooks are effective.

As I remember, the Parrish tops sealed out wind and were pretty quiet. Do they, or has time changed my memory? I keep thinking they'd be nice on long trips, especially when running the A/C.

Bill

foghorn14

Donation Time
Limey's hardtop

I wonder how Limey got along with, and about his progress on, his eBay hardtop find? (Shout out to Limey)