• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

fan / heater control lettering

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Finishing off my new wood dash and wanting to refresh the fan / heater control panel. looking for ideas or sources for the white lettering used on the controls cover. cold warm hot / off car screen.
SV
thanks, Bob

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
Ordered one and they’re great, do take your time when affixing it and make sure the metal is absolutely flat, no pitting, no nothing. The type of vinyl used will show the metal imperfections off.

Last edited:

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Scotty; Not much description on the E-Bay site, so is this a full vinyl cover for the metal facia, or is each word a seperate piece to be applied?

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
Scotty; Not much description on the E-Bay site, so is this a full vinyl cover for the metal facia, or is each word a seperate piece to be applied?
It’s a full vinyl cover for the facia. Comes mailed flat between two pieces of cardboard. You really have to take your time with it though when applying, you can easily stretch it too much without trying too hard. It’s very well made and matches right up.

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Have my local sign shop producing a few for me. They will be done on automotive black satin or flat black vinyl with the white lettering.
In quantity it will be less expensive for me than ordering from the States, so giving it a try. If the quality is there I'll have a few to distribute.
Cheers, Bob

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Dry transfer lettering in pretty much any smaller sizes can usually be sourced from a hobby shop supply store, model railroaders use them for scale buildings. I got some white ones that were a great match.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bob,

Just a bit curious how reproducing a part that is already available for $20 USD makes financial sense. What is going on up there in Canada? :)

Thanks,
Mike

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Mike: Landing that 20 $ part into Canada also means a 15 $ mailing fee from the E-bay supplier, hence it's now 35 $.
Convert that $35 to Canadian and it's $46.96. So for $50 Canadian I'm having 20 facia covers made.
I'll be happy to pass on the extra 19 to any who might want one.
That said, for you guys and gals in the US, that $20 from the e-bay supplier is a fair price.
We just always run up against this shipping and dollar exchange all the time, so I look for ways around it.
Cheers, Bob

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
That is unfortunate. Thanks for the info.

Rick is a forum member. Not sure if a direct sale outside of EBay would save significant $$.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am going to buy one. Do you want me to buy two and ship you one at cost?

Our good members here help me all the time. I would be glad to so this favor for you.

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Aladin. Thanks for the offer, but I have 20 coming. Should have them from the sign company next week. I'll post a pic when I pick them up.
Have to say our forum is the best lifeline for anything Sunbeam, and great members to boot. I should send you one for comparison.
Having the white lettering toned down a little so it wont be so stark against the black background.
thanks again for your offer.
Bobbo

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
I picked the facia covers for the heater controls yesterday. Fitted one last night. I trimmed it out with a fine hobby file and razor knife.Quite happy with the results. The shop printed 27 so I do have some to pass on.

Attachments

• IMG_3046.JPG
    IMG_3046.JPG
    276 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3047.JPG
    IMG_3047.JPG
    445.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3048.JPG
    IMG_3048.JPG
    280.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3050.JPG
    IMG_3050.JPG
    222.7 KB · Views: 44

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
to junkman; I like the idea of dry transfer letters, I'm going to pick some up tomorrow . Not for the heater control, but for a couple of gages where the wording has gone due to weather and moisture spoiling the face.
Thanks, Bob