• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Engine weight?

Limey

Donation Time
Hi all - what is the approx weight of an Alpine engine?
All up but no gearbox - Thanks in advance. Oliver

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hiall what is the approx weight of an Alpine engine? Thanks in advance. Oliver
Oliver, think this is di SD discussed in an old thread...or two...
But a clarification...
As in sump to rocker cover with no manifold/carbs/headers/accessories.... Or complete motor with all bolt ons?

Limey

Donation Time
Oliver, think this is di SD discussed in an old thread...or two...
But a clarification...
As in sump to rocker cover with no manifold/carbs/headers/accessories.... Or complete motor with all bolt ons?
Hi mate - I did a search but no joy... all up, no trans. Cheers, Oliver

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I started a thread back in 18 on motor weight that was deleted by the moderator, "deleting this post because I no longer have confidence in the numbers". maybe they took down the others, I found it odd that it would be taken down.

Limey

Donation Time
I started a thread back in 18 on motor weight that was deleted by the moderator, "deleting this post because I no longer have confidence in the numbers". maybe they took down the others, I found it odd that it would be taken down.
Thanks ToyAnvil - what did you have the weight in your opinion? Cheers, Oliver