• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Embedding YouTube videos

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I have some new information to post about my bouncing tach (https://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?threads/follow-the-bouncing-tach.31094/) and wanted to include some videos of the tach taken at various points in a drive this afternoon. The only way I know to post a video on the site is to use YouTube (is there another way?) so I uploaded my videos and then tried to embed the links in my response to my thread. However, when I try to upload the video I get this message: "The specified URL cannon be embedded as media.

I made the videos public, but unlisted, if that makes a difference. Here is the link to the first one:https://youtube.com/shorts/QcMGzgl_ios?feature=share
Any thoughts on why I can’t directly embed them?

Last edited:

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
It looks like there’s a known issue with embedding videos uploaded to YouTube via your phone. Googling “Xenforo YouTube shorts” brings up some chatter about it not being possible without a plug-in that’s available for Xenforo 2.0. Unfortunately, we’re on 1.something, and we can’t upgrade without a repeat of what we did three or four years ago. It would involve creating a duplicate of the site and testing, testing, testing.

Do we have any volunteers?

Plan B is you reupload the video using your computer.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks, Greg. I am happy to help with the upgrade. But, for the record, I filmed with my camera but uploaded the videos to YouTube on my laptop (Mac).