• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Electric antenna

pembertonltd8

Donation Time
Has anyone put in an electric antenna behind the right hand kick panel, and if you did, would it interfere with putting in the electric power steering unit than Dan makes

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
By electric antenna do you mean motorized up and down? In this day and age why go with the old school approach….there are many options for hidden wire antennas that can be mounted up under the dash…no holes to cut, no metal stalk on the fender and they work just as well.

alpine_64

Donation Time
By electric antenna do you mean motorized up and down? In this day and age why go with the old school approach….there are many options for hidden wire antennas that can be mounted up under the dash…no holes to cut, no metal stalk on the fender and they work just as well.
I agree.. and if there is a hole already can add a rubber bung and Chrome button to fill it.. or.. mount a mirror if there aren't any on the car. Raydoyt style or a Lucas style stalk one depending if it's Infront of the driver or the passenger side

pembertonltd8

Donation Time
I have an existing hole with a regular antenna in it. I would rather have an antenna that goes up and down. And Dan what is EPS in your car and what kind of A/C do you have. Not sure why you would have A/C if you drive with the top down haha

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dan what is EPS
Eleectrical power steering.(EPS)

I think It is nice to have A/C in extreme hot times even with the top down...... and here in Sunny South Carolina the A/C is exceptionally nice when the Hard Top in on the Sunbeam:)