• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ebay LISTING. Is this legal?

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
eBay has selling tags without the cat they belong to as a listing practice violation. They only care about $ and do not react to flagged ads like Craigslist does. I believe that since the Tiger registry has pulled it's listing of cars, this is a attempt to sell and let the world know the tags are reattached.
In several countries I understand that you can build a car around a tag and title. Not sure if this is the JAL or VIN as he was selling both. I know a couple guys who sold tags and titles to European buyer's after disclosing to registry and the WWW. Provenance is more important as there are always hater's and guys trying to pass off a fastback as a Shelby, a Bonneville as a GTO etc.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
eBay used to keep ads up for 90 days. If you want to make a point shoot a screenshot of what you're looking at on eBay before you post it here just putting a link to their ad leaves no information later. The whole idea about posting somebody's VIN number on the www is to create a trail. I've seen more than one car with a round corners and a square corner VIN number and vice versa.
And no I'm not talking about transition cars.