• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Easy tail light lens fix

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I wanted to use the amber turn signal lenses. My one piece lower lenses were both cracked on the lower part. At this time there are no reasonable cost replacements. My red upper pieces were like new. I cut the lower part off below the reflector with a portaband while taped to a board. Used the bench grinder to grind down to the divider. Did the same with the red top pieces. Clear 5 minute Epoxy and I have new one piece lowers.

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Quote: I cut the lower part off below the reflector with a portaband while taped to a board. Used the bench grinder to grind down to the divider.Unquote.

jim, my only question at present is what speed did you use in the saw ? Any faster speed than slow would heat the plastic too much it would seem?

I am surely going to try you idea too!

Thanks,