• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

East Coast Invasion Proposal

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hello Sunbeamers,

This year will be the 11th year that Eric Gibeaut and I have put on a Sunbeam event along with our local car show. About five years ago we had an Invasion at this outing and fielded 52 Sunbeams. The dates for this year's show is March 23, 24 and 25th of 2018. This event ties in with The Tartan Day South festival. I am willing to do an Invasion again with this show if I get the go-ahead from the board.

I have already booked the motel and received a great rate. I only booked 30 rooms and will need to re-address that if we see we are going to make an Invasion happen.

I am also hoping to have the largest Sunbeam parts swap that we have had at this show.

Let me know if I should pull the trigger on going forward or not.

Cheers,
Todd Smith

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Pull the trigger as soon as you get enough members confirming. Let this Board or the new incoming Board know when you're ready for some funds to help with costs.

Last edited:

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
OK, so now we just need the real Die Hard Sunbeam enthusiast to step up and do both the East Coast Invasion 2018 and the West Coast Invasion 2018. Now, there's a plaque you'd want on the wall for sure. Coast to Coast 2018
After all, it's only a tad over 5000 miles round trip or so. Only about a 40 hour+ drive one way. Oh my sore rearend.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
OK, so now we just need the real Die Hard Sunbeam enthusiast to step up and do both the East Coast Invasion 2018 and the West Coast Invasion 2018. Now, there's a plaque you'd want on the wall for sure. Coast to Coast 2018
After all, it's only a tad over 5000 miles round trip or so. Only about a 40 hour+ drive one way. Oh my sore rearend.

No trailers!!!! If you coordinators can dream up a way to confirm driven to both I'm sure the incoming or outgoing Boards would vote to fund that plaque. There's a motorcycle event that riders can hit all 4 corners if the US and get a pin or plaque. It's called the"Ironbutt".

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
OK If that is all it took we are on!!! Tom, what you can do is get the support from the board etc. We will have a couple of tech sessions so throw me some ideas of what you would like to learn about etc. We will have a large parts room so please start preparing for the sale of your extra spares (clean spares).

This is not my first rodeo but it may be my last so lets make this big!! Anything less than 50 Sunbeams will be disappointing to me.

Cheers,

Todd Smith
Series 3

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Todd, We just had a great United XXXVI in Va!! I arrived back home a day early do to prior obligations.....

Thank you and yours for all you do for the Sunbeam's.

I'm in for the show too!

As our President Series6 has posted, the "current Officers will be on board for the plan!

65beam

Donation Time
east coast

Todd,
Same hotel???? let's see the hotel info.
Dan,
You should have hung around to collect what you won. If SAOCA doesn't want to support maybe we can make it a TE/AE event. There was a lot of talk concerning this show at the hotel yesterday and this morning. With the right advertising this could turn into a great event. There are a lot of members from the cold north looking for a warmer place to be that time of year.

Last edited:

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
I believe the board is good with the Invasion.
Sounds like a great time.
Tom j

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Looks like we will need a "power steering equipped" Alpine class now!
Eric

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Eric, I just sold the 2nd one and with Steve's that will be three on the road or soon to be!

I'll have the Commodore Blue V6 power steering done this winter during down time;)

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
March Invasion

Putting things on the calendar for 18, definitely going. Will need a break from the winter doldrums. May give Eric & Bob some company for rare Rootes.