• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Early Series IV GT BW35 ?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
In all the years I've owned my B9400766 SIV GT BW35 it came to me this morning while doing some welding to the Dual Exhaust "pass-thru" the X frame member, the mounts that are affixed to the body/frame for the transmission mount bracket sits about four (4) inches more to the rear (closer to the "X" frame) than the Manual transmission Alpines SIV and SV.

Does any one have a BW35 Transmission for the Alpine that could measure the distance from the center point of the transmission mount holes to the front of the bellhousing where it fastens to the rear of the engine?

I did not get the BW35 tranny when I came in possession of the GT.

For any of you that might be interested, I am installing a FORD A4LD Automatic transmission in this BW35 Alpine mated to a V6.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Well, Dan, twenty and one half inches, (from the cover plate edge attached to the front of the bell housing to [about] the center of the two mounting bolts).

BUT - I absolutely would not trust any measurement from me for the precise sort of work you're doing. Maybe someone else can verify 20.5 inches.

Already had the car in the air, so I feel obligated to respond.

Was having the greatest morning. Went out and took care of some business, came home all dressed up, turned on the computer and did the email/news thing, clicked on here and was really enjoying those photos of Toyanvil's absolutely stunning interior, one more click, and boom...feel like I stepped onto a factory floor and got assigned a job.

Not complaining. Can't appreciate more what you do for everyone, Dan.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
All kind words ! Much appreciate them and you.

Thanks for the measurements.

Sure would like to meet up and discuss your Alpines, but I know it is tax season:)

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Thank you Dan.

The only tax returns I've filed for three years now are my own. From my first year doing personal taxes (for individuals), I thought for sure someone would get rid of that antiquated system by now.

March 3rd (tomorrow as I write this) is exactly one year since I've eaten in a restaurant or been much of anywhere other than where I have to go.

I have neighbors who think I'm an automotive mechanical genius. I think I'll tell them next time they ask "what you been doing?" ... ahh, nothing much. Just been taking some measurements for automobile design factory. (took that measurement 3 times, so technically that'd be true.)