• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dyna-plastics Fiberglass Hardtop

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Hi All ... I have a Dynaplastics hardtop I'll be putting up for auction soon .... Thought I'd post it here first. It's in pretty darn good shape, has the side windows which open and a "Glass" rear window ... not sure if that's original or a replacement. Has all the rubber weatherstripping except the very rear strip under the rear glass. All hold down mounts are there and in good solid condition but you'll have to make your own hold down "J"hook hardware ... I've got some that I started to form and those come with it for some help making your own. I'm selling as I picked up a factory one and don't want to store this one. I'll post more pictures if anyone is interested ....
I also have two 3:89 center sections and two "lower" front valance sections that need a new home ... pic.s on request

...... David

Attachments

• Dynaplastics hdtp.JPG
    Dynaplastics hdtp.JPG
    326.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Dynaplasticshdtp.JPG
    Dynaplasticshdtp.JPG
    200.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
David, I have the same top without the side windows and missing the aluminum strip under the back window. Could you measure the side window dimensions and the height of the back window aluminum strip for me?

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
David, I have the same top without the side windows and missing the aluminum strip under the back window. Could you measure the side window dimensions and the height of the back window aluminum strip for me?

No problem Jim ... I'll post them later today. .... Do you want the side "window" measurements or the side window "openings" in the top itself? .. By all accounts I could send a paper template of the side window frames if needed .... I've also got some good profiles for the rubber seals for these tops though you could just search Steele Rubber Products website. ... 100' runs minimum on most of the suitable profiles.

..... David

Last edited:

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Dynaplastics hardtop on while I paint Factory Hardtop.jpg David, Really appreciate it! Mine has no windows but has a huge blindspot. I plan on a little larger window and don't have the recess. The measurement around the recess is good. I have the back window and now realize why there is a large gap under it. Mine looks similar to the one on this MGB: Thanks again!

Last edited:

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Will do! ... I had looked at similar DP tops without the windows ... but this one was local. The rubber for the back window was pretty much gone when I got it and completely fell apart when I removed it though I did photo what was there before I removed it if ya need a pic. of it?

..... David

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
David, The rubber looks good around the back window on mine. I'm missing the aluminum strip on the bottom. Mine doesn't have the holes for screws or rivets to hold down the strip. Maybe originally it just slid in the groove?

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Jim .. I was referring to the rubber that seals that metal strip to the body. Mine has 2 SS carriage bolts with castle nuts to hold the strip to either side . Here's the measurements for that strip and some photo's of the side window openings.
15/16" ht. x 11/32" width x 40 1/8" long (39 1/2"appox. bolt centers)but it's curved to the body contour.

If you have a good photo of the profile for that rear rubber seal please post it ... the last 2 pic.s is all I have for a profile.

..... David

Attachments

• Dynatop (12).JPG
    Dynatop (12).JPG
    306.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Dynatop (4).JPG
    Dynatop (4).JPG
    221.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Dynatop (5).JPG
    Dynatop (5).JPG
    226.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Dynatop (6).JPG
    Dynatop (6).JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Dynatop (7).JPG
    Dynatop (7).JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Dynatop (1).JPG
    Dynatop (1).JPG
    382.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Dynatop (2).JPG
    Dynatop (2).JPG
    354.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    410.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    436.6 KB · Views: 24

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
David, Thanks! I don't have the bottom seal either. I'm 1500 miles away from my top now but will be home in a couple weeks. I remember the rubber seal that surrounds the back window. Mine wont have the recess around the side windows and have a little larger windows like this MGB top:

hardtop.jpg

Last edited: