• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

DuraPine II

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks for the nice words. In my defense, I admit this paint job turned out very well indeed. It is not often I can make that claim. The paint has a strange texture, but went on very evenly.
Bill

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Decided to show the paint texture. I told Barb when people see that, they will say "Wow, how did he do that?" or "The poor guy, he really screwed that paint job.
IMG_8105.JPG

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Take comfort in knowing that you generated a satisfied customer:D
BTW, when was that? I think it was before I got the car on the road (2007). Invasion V?

Bill

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Maybe even earlier. Dillard was my first Invasion. That was 2003. Maybe the next year in Dayton?

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
WOW! Been a long time since my last post. The car is partially wired and in body shop for paint. Long, long story, but we should get it back in a couple of weeks. Dropped the bumpers off at the plater in December, told him there was no hurry. Called him the past week, inquiring about them. He returned the call the next day, saying they were done. Picked them up Friday and they are looking good. Total cost was eleven hundred, including four overriders. The shop is Shelbyville Polishing and Plating, located in Shelbyville, Indiana. I got the distinct impression they would like to do more Alpine work. Even inquired about advertising.
IMG_8222.JPG

Bill

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Should get it back in a couple of weeks? Mine has been in the shop for more than 2 years. It has been "we should be done in a couple of weeks" since January. I hope you have a more accurate estimate of delivery.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Should get it back in a couple of weeks? Mine has been in the shop for more than 2 years. It has been "we should be done in a couple of weeks" since January. I hope you have a more accurate estimate of delivery.
I do too. But thi8ngs are looking up. The owner, 75 y.o. only employee, recently hired a guy about half that age and he actually knows how to sand! The car has been painted once, but got all messed up when he tried to close a recently installed door. The doors have been installed and checked to proper clearance, so now the car needs a through sanding, color coat and clear coat. Then it will be declared DONE. It will be up to me to sand and polish the clear coat and fine tune the doors.

Bill

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
My paint has been finished for at least 6 months. They are just supposed to add a pin stripe, fit and mount the grill, hang the remaining bright work, fit the dash pad and windscreen, paint and mount the roll bar.