1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

door glass support series 1

Discussion in 'Alpine Cars and Parts Wanted' started by PawPaw, Nov 22, 2021.

1. PawPaw

PawPaw Silver Level Sponsor

In need of both door glass supports for a series 1. Mine are busted.

2. bernd_st

bernd_st Bronze Level Sponsor

Don't want to demotivate you, but very difficult to find good ones. Almost all are busted...

3. PawPaw

most things for a series 1 are similar to hens teeth.

bernd_st likes this.
  4. absunbeam

absunbeam Gold Level Sponsor

Is that the glass channel on the bottom? Picture may help.

5. PawPaw

One grade "B" picture

Attached Files:

6. DanR

DanR Diamond Level Sponsor

Someone should take a nice set and have some made in a C&C . If I had an early Series needing them I surely would attempt a production....

7. rixter

rixter Donation Time

I have a rough set you can have + shipping. Problem is they crack. My left side one has a hairline crack working up the outside. The right side one has a small crack at the inner top. There is nothing missing. Perhaps you can repair them. PM if interested and I will send along photos.

Rick

PawPaw likes this.
  8. PawPaw

Yes I would be interested. Where are you located?

9. rixter

rixter Donation Time

New Jersey

10. Bill Eisinger

Bill Eisinger Platinum Level Sponsor

Under the category of “everything can be restored” here’s a before and after of one of supports from my SI…both were in pretty bad shape. The problem is that it requires more $$ than most probably want to spend. 425D66C1-9140-45C5-AF50-CAC37033FDEA.jpeg

Attached Files:

11. rixter

rixter Donation Time

Mine are about in the same original condition as yours.

IMG_20211123_090444553.jpg IMG_20211123_090500123.jpg IMG_20211123_090526161.jpg IMG_20211123_090544044.jpg

Rick

12. PawPaw

13. rixter

rixter Donation Time

Randy,
    I sent you a PM that you can respond to with your address info so I determine cost.
    Thanks
    Rick

14. absunbeam

absunbeam Gold Level Sponsor

Cracks are on the opposite side. But a nice pair for rechroming. 7884B85A-5580-4F6F-8479-75F5D1D7D4E8.jpeg

15. PawPaw

Thanks! I do have a couple coming.

RPB