• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dayton Show

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
Is a show coming up soon in the Dayton area? I thought I saw something a couple of weeks ago, but now I can't find any info.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Anyone reading this...this is the event you don't want to miss.

If you've never seen the Dayton museum, you'll be speechless.

If you bring a Sunbeam, or even if you own a Sunbeam, but can't bring it, you'll be beside yourself at who you are for simply owning a Sunbeam and attending this event.

The local British club (Columbia SC) held an event at the famed Columbia Speedway. I wasn't able to attend, in any way, because I'm an accountant working for a very successful CPA firm.

Regarding the local Tartan event, I take comfort in the words of Richard Petty, himself, about NASCAR: "If NASCAR weren't dangerous and we didn't address the danger, we'd still be racing Columbia Speedway on Thursday nights."

I can't lie and say I don't miss attending the Columbia Tartan event, but if I don't make Dayton at the end of July...I'm a piss pour Sunbeam owner missing out on a GREAT event.

Bob W will have a hard time improving the event based on my memory of Jan S hosting an "Invasion" there, but then again, there's no one quite like Bob W when it comes to Sunbeam knowledge, or the petro that runs a gas engine.

For all those that follow Bob W on this forum, Bob's address to the Sunbeam devotees, under the wings of Dayton, will be , I predict, something like you've never heard. (How's that for pressure Bob!)

This event, this year, with Bob W doing the honors, and where it's being held, and the access you'll have as a Sunbeam owner, is a once in a lifetime event.

But, if you can't attend Dayton at the end of July...AND you like your Sunbeams and airplanes (and day dreams) on the light side...here's an alternative...

http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/20150409/ARTICLES/150409884/0/search?tc=ar

WNC air museum...the girl scouts are adding an addition soon., You can park right out front. Of coarse, unlike Dayton, no one, but you, will give a darn you're driving a Sunbeam...

Everyone likes to make sense of it all and contribute their own.

This year, this July, may never happen again.

May we all be blessed, on our journey, here on Earth.