• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dashboard levers

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
During our rainy spring I'm changing out my plastic dash on the SV to a solid walnut. Just hit an issue with the temperature and screen / floor levers. How do you get the little black knobs off of the lever arms so the arms can be drawn back through the face plate? I see a small drilling on each of the knobs, which may hold a clue, but I'm not about to force anything.
If you have done it let me know how.
Cheers, Bob

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
If I remember correctly it is a tiny Allan Screw in the hole. I haven't done it for a while but I think that is what is on the Alpine.

Tim R

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jeffs right, they just pull off, though not always easily. They can get stuck pretty well!

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
For the mounts, I intend to use some angled bar cut to fit, and attached to the back of the dash.
That should give the support needed. I'll try to pull the knobs later today.
Thanks

67brg

Silver Level Sponsor
when I did mine I used some stock angle iron from a local lumber yard that had holes drilled every inch or so. Screwed them to the back of the dash and mounted the slide levers to the existing holes in the angle iron. Never came loose and functioned perfectly with very little installation effort

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dan R makes these brackets and they're like the originals. Not real expensive either. I've
used quite a few of them over the years and they're really great.