• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dashboard install

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Have come to the point where I'm ready to install my dash. Need some suggestions as to what can be mounted in the dash prior to installation and what has to be installed after the dash is in. been a while since I removed the old dash so I have forgotten the ins and outs.
I suspect most connections can be made with the dash almost in place, but your thoughts should make the process easier.
Thanks in advance.
bobIMG_3097.JPG

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have all of my instruments and my Heater controls installed as I recall. DO you have the "tabs" on the rear side for the controls?

Post a picture of the reverse side,

DanR

Attachments

• Sunbeam Alpine Tiger Dash Tabs by DanR     20210805_173906.jpg
    Sunbeam Alpine Tiger Dash Tabs by DanR 20210805_173906.jpg
    782.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Sunbeam Alpine Tiger Dash Tabs by DanR     20210805_173706.jpg
    Sunbeam Alpine Tiger Dash Tabs by DanR 20210805_173706.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Bob,
You can do it in various ways. Getting the heater cables routed correctly is always important. A label maker makes life a lot easier as you can mark each cable with where it is coming from or going to. There are various videos on the Sunbeam Alpine Channel that show work on the dashboard that might assist you. I like to get all the switches in place and know exactly how I am wiring the car before I start. As there is so little access it makes sense to get the wipes working correctly and the heater blower pipes in place before you cover the area with the loom. The loom itself is surprisingly heavy so we always makes sure that it is secured tightly with rubber lined P Clips so that it can't move around or pull on connections. We often add relays and put these on the dashboard support struts.

Tim R