• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Cyl Head Quest

johnd

Donation Time
I have two SV cylinder heads - one has a thimble-like insert or plug in the large water hole located in the middle of the bottom of the head while the other just has a hole with no insert. Could somebody please tell me which is correct (or are both correct) and the purpose the insert/plug is supposed to serve. I would like to re-build the head without the plug but am unsure if it would be wise to do so since a part may be missing. See photo. Thanks.

Attachments

• Cyl Head.jpg
    Cyl Head.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 50

agmason54

Donation Time
JA
The plug is called a water jet. I would build the best head and install the jet in that head. All heads came with it. SS sells them....
Am