• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Custom steel wheels

Charles Johns

Donation Time
Still looking for wheels. Need 15" by 5.5" wide with 4 lug on 4.25" centers with 2 5/8" to 3" center hole and 3 3/4 to 4" backspacing. I may be able to use 6" wide if I stay with 3 3/4" backspacing. Stock are 13" by 4.5" with 3 3/4" backspace, and measuring shows I can go up to 15" with 1" wider wheels. As soon as I list 4 lug on 4.25" (108mm) they drop off screen. Style is not as important as these measurements. If all else fails 14" may be okay. It is getting very hard to find 13" tires that are not for a trailer or some off-road 4x4 vehicle.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
'84-'88 Mustang four bolts will work........

I run 195x55x15's on 7" rims front and back, without any trouble. Handles nicely, rides smoothly too!

Six inch wides will work even better for you perhaps.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
ford focus.jpg Another thought, MGB guys use Nissan Sentra wheels and change the offset/backspace. You could do the same with the 2004-2013 Ford Focus 15x6 steel wheel.

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yep! I was only posting them as a sample. I would make a call to them and ask for specifics.

They look like my Blue Boy wheels. Can't find Ron's Wheels listed any more. I believe it would be a good choice to make contact at least,