• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Custom Poster of your car for the winners!

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
I am working on the graphics for the 2012 photo contest winners. Rather than just making up a cool poster for the winners, I think I would like to make up a car show spec poster for each winner. I have done this for a couple of cars in the past and they look great hanging on the wall and also providing a little extra class when displayed during a car show. I made one for my car listing all of the options, a cool picture of the car, matching VIN numbers and an image of the series tag. I would like to ask if this is of any interest to Kim, John and Tony? If you would like this done for being the winners of the competition please email me your car specs, a photo of the engine bay, VIN Tag, and a photo directly from the side, front and rear of the car. If you wish to be really clever take a photo of the dash or any other thing that you feel shows off your car or something that makes it different than all others. As soon as I have the images or your answers in this regard I will finish the designs and the club will print you custom 11 x 17 poster.

Regards,
Andrew

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Wow ! How cool is that ?
Too bad Elcee just doesn't have it in her to be a calender girl .
That's a great offer.
Tom j

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Great offer Andrew. Next time we run a photo contest I hope more members can submit entries. I owe the club another ember profile but hope to put a list of hints and tips for photographing our cars.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Really cool! Thanks Andrew. Please let us know if you need reimbursement for supplies!

Andrew

Donation Time
Kim and John, please get back to me with your car specs and extra photos.
Here is a sample poster I made for my car. Tony if have more info on your car please forward it.

andrew1.jpg

I would like to get this work done soon.

Andrew

Last edited:

Andrew

Donation Time
That looks GREAT. Did you get the pictures I sent? I will email you more specs.

No, I did not receive the your photos. Please send me what every you have along with your specs. I look forward to doing the work and showing your car off to the world.

All the best,
Andrew

Andrew

Donation Time
Ok, ok!

I know I said that I would do this and I am sorry that it has taken so long. I do this on my own time in hope that it will bring us together to have a little fun. I wish more people would get involved.

Anyway, here they are (First,Second and Third). I will need to talk to the Officers to have them printed and mailed to you.

first-Kim.jpg

second-Tony.jpg

third-Tony.jpg

If you want to make any changes please tell me now. Please also provide me with your full address so that the club can mail you the posters.

Regards,
Andrew

Andrew

Donation Time
Hi Tony,

Not a problem, I enjoy trying to get everyone involved in the club. The posters will look great in your garage or at the car shows.

I hope we are able to get more member out with photos of their cars next time. Everyone should get out and take some great shots of their baby as we may just run the contest again!!!!

We may also include a new twist to the contest next time to get the daily drivers involved (the not so perfect cars, like my car). How about a category like, the lost Alpine or the tough little daily driver. We can include the top three best cars but then include the rough in tumble Alpine.

Members, tell me what you think.

All the best,
Andrew

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
I have now received my superb poster featuring the Series 3 Rapier. Thanks again Andrew for giving your time and skill in producing them and thanks also to Tom for packing and posting them. Your efforts are very much appreciated. Tony.