• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

crossover fuel pipe outlet size

birdfan56

Platinum Level Sponsor
Here's my question of the day....were there different sizes of crossover fuel tank pipe outlets used? I have an early series IV that has a different diameter thread outlet (smaller) than the replacement pipe that I obtained. The new pipe has a hole drilled about a 1/4 inch in from one end and lines scribed to show how far the pipe sleeve needs to extend on both ends. The old one has no hole or scribe marks. Neither pipe appears to have been altered. I have never run into this before.

birdfan56

Platinum Level Sponsor
Mike, Looks like that answers my question. I really appreciate the info. I must have obtained a crossover from a later series and need to switch out the nut to 1/2" . Thanks for the assist. Kevin

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Mike, Looks like that answers my question. I really appreciate the info. I must have obtained a crossover from a later series and need to switch out the nut to 1/2" . Thanks for the assist. Kevin

Not positive when the change from steel to nylon tubing happened - sV or earlier, but that might be part of the reason for the difference.

Just a thought,