• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

counting teeth

bluoval

Donation Time
Have the v6 with the t5 instaled but forgot to count the teeth on the speedo drive gear. Pulling the engine and trans is out of the question at this point. Was wondering if a mirror and someway marking one of the teeth then counting the teeth as someone slowly turns one of the wheels untill I get a full revolution. The real question is what to use to mark the gear tooth?? Earl blu oval

kmathis

Donation Time
Do you know what year your T5 is? Mine is a 1996 and I think the chances are good that it is a 7 tooth drive gear, the color of it will give you some indication as well. Mine was yellowish brown, and it was a 7 tooth. I did count mine with a mirror and a flash light, whether 6 or 7 tooth was hard to tell, that is why I think the color comes into play.

bluoval

Donation Time
what would I do without the forum

thank you George and Kelly will give it a try tomorrow. Earl bluoval