• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Coolant bypass

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I finally found the source of an annoying leak! The pipe connection to the bypass hose, as seen in the photo, rusted through. Grrrrr 282E3A00-CDE6-4BAE-9143-51C62C39B666.jpeg

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
PAul, DO you have a solution?

GoTO the link below my signature element: http://danr.mhartman.net/
and you will get this:

HOSE, Water, Heater By pass, etc
1974-1978 Ford Mustang II Bypass Hose – Dayco 70773 or Gates or ? In the below PIC my Machine Guy welded in a fitting that adopted to the Bypass hose. Just one means of making it work.

Pic’d below is a Stock Metric Nipple 22MM 1.5 threads that screws into the Intake manifold for the bypass hose. They are most likely corroded as this one and needing replacement. Replacements are difficult if not near impossible. Several solutions can be found. See the hose picture above, just below the Temp sending unit and the ones below for some ideas.

Last edited:

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
PAul, DO you have a solution?

GoTO the link below my signature element: http://danr.mhartman.net/
and you will get this:

HOSE, Water, Heater By pass, etc
1974-1978 Ford Mustang II Bypass Hose – Dayco 70773 or Gates or ? In the below PIC my Machine Guy welded in a fitting that adopted to the Bypass hose. Just one means of making it work.

Pic’d below is a Stock Metric Nipple 22MM 1.5 threads that screws into the Intake manifold for the bypass hose. They are most likely corroded as this one and needing replacement. Replacements are difficult if not near impossible. Several solutions can be found. See the hose picture above, just below the Temp sending unit and the ones below for some ideas.

Thanks Dan! This is exactly what is needed. Great speaking with you earlier. Be safe... P