• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Columbia, South Carolina 8th Annual SOS

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
The dates for the eighth annual Sunbeam S.O.S. in Columbia have been set. Once again we are having our event to tie in with our local British Car Club's event which ties the car show into the Scottish Games Festival. The dates are for the weekend of March 27th, 28th and 29th. This year’s event will be very similar to the past couple of years with the same host motel, a conference room set aside for gathering, hospitality, parts and hopefully a couple of tech sessions.
The tentative agenda is as follows:
Friday, March 27th, 2015 = Arrive and check in, set-up parts room / hospitality room, group dinner at 6:00 pm -Hudson’s BBQ two miles from the host motel. After dinner we will go out to the speedway for the Scottish Rock bank concert. This event is FREE this year as long as you Pre-register for the car show!!
Saturday, March 28th, 2015 = British Car Club Midlands Centre’s (BCCMC) all British Car Show at The Columbia Motor Speedway tied in with The Scottish Games Festival- 9:00am till 3:00pm, We may have a stripper come in from 4:00p.m. – 7:00p.m. at the motel. Yes, I am donating a 1966 Series V car to the group for those that need parts to strip what they want or need, so bring your old clothes and some tools for this one. We will organize this “strip off†a little more as we get closer to the date. Then Saturday night another group dinner at the Flight Deck fun and fellowship.
Sunday, March 29th,2015 + Breakfast at motel prior to departure.

The arrangements have been made for the Wingate Inn at 108 Saluda Point Court, Lexington, SC, 29072. Their phone number is (803)957-5000 for reservations. When calling, please use the word “SUNBEAM†for your discounted rate of $89.00 per night. The deadline to receive this rate is March 9th, 2015.
We will have a parts room so please bring parts!!!

Any questions, please feel free to contact Todd Smith or Eric Gibeaut.
Details on show registration will be posted shortly.

65beam

Donation Time
Sos

todd,
the registration form for the show is up on the midlands car club web site. I received an e mail confirmation of our registration early last week.

65beam

Donation Time
Sos

todd,
eric said there would be warm temps. I'm going to hold him to that. you just need to be in ohio at the end of july. make your reservation for that week. several have already booked their rooms.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Well, if Eric has promised great weather there is not reason not to come!!!

Kick off your 2015 season in Columbia, S.C.!!

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
One of the first shows of the years and it has emphasis on Sunbeams! Come join us at our 9th annual SOS in Columbia South Carolina.

Did I mention earlier we are having a stripper?

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Is there a way to have this Sunbeam event that we coordinate every year for the last eight years be placed at the top of the page so it gets recognized often. I try to market this event through the web site here and keep getting my post covered up. The last post was about a book on cold winters??? Come-on! Help a brother out! We have two events at the top of this page that were 2014 events! We are preparing for a March 28th 2015 event here!

Sorry had to vent!

65beam

Donation Time
Sos

Todd,
it appears that invasions have gone by the wayside so post on the invasion section. it's been 4 weeks since anything happened there.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
We are still trying to organize a West Coast Invasion. Obviously not for spring but now in fall.

I agreed to put the TE/AE United logo up but haven't had a chance yet.

Todd, if you have a logo or want to make something I can put that up too I guess.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Todd! I'll create something tonight, How do I get it you?
My email address is alpine1963@a o l.com

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Go back to the beginning of this post to get registration information.

Love to see more of you pre-register. Sunbeams have a couple of classes in this event due to the support we have had over the last several years.

Cheers,

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
It's possible that a Sunbeam owner from out of state could win $25,000 for attending this event. First, you have to stop at a place that sells lottery tickets. Then you have to buy a $25,000 ticket. If you're the owner of Sunbeam, and your ticket is a winning ticket, then you win $25,000! But you have to buy the $25,000 ticket. A higher ticket will be more, and a lower ticket will be less.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Just a few more weeks until the largest Sunbeam event in the Southeast!
Yesterday it was 83 degrees , the flowers are beginning to bloom and Spring is here. Make your host hotel reservations and get the car show registration in the mail so you can join us on March 27-29th. Here is a link to much more info about the Scottish games that are alongside our car show on Saturday. http://tartandaysouth.com/
Eric

Last edited:

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Scheduled my hotel last weekend and dropped the early registration in the mail today.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Greg! Look forward to seeing you. Anyone coming with you? Have any parts to sell in the parts room?

Cheers,

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
My friend Paul will be coming along again this year.

I brought some parts last year, but they never made it out of the boot. When I got to the parts room, I saw similar or better versions of what I brought (and I didn't know what prices to put on stuff anyway). Hopefully folks will start a conversation about what they'd like others to bring.

As for me, I could use an interior door handle. If I recall, my driver's door handle is cracked and on the brink of saying farewell to the world.

Thanks Greg! Look forward to seeing you. Anyone coming with you? Have any parts to sell in the parts room?

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'm going to bring a lot of parts. It's time to thin our my supply. An interior door handle should be in those parts!

Once again, I am planning on bring an old 1967 Series V that is a parts car to the motel lot to be stripped down. Come and get what you want off of it and donate what you think it is worth to you.

Cheers,