• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Clutch MC or Slave

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
I have a 67 Series V, the New Clutch MC and New Slave Cyl. now have 6500 miles on them. Using standard whatever # fluid. After sitting for about two months while I was installing the new dash, the clutch would operate only with the pedal all the way to the floor. Plenty of fluid, No leaks. I vacuum bled the Slave Cyl and operated just fine for about a month. Again, pedal to the floor. I'm sure it will work once I bleed it again, but that's not the fix.
Would I suspect one over the other, or just put a new kit in both of them?
Whatcha think guys?

loose_electron

Donation Time
Hm, hydraulics are usually a leak or air problem. I would go through the system carefully for those items again, with some tests while actuating the system (things somethimes leak or suck in air as they are moving) - The one other question I would ask is if the cylinder bores of MC and slave are properly ratioed.

I just re-did my clutch hydraulics this year.
Just my thoughts, not my field of expertise, hope to learn from others here.