• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Clutch Master Cylinder What Kind?

mxp01

Platinum Level Sponsor
I am having trouble figuring out what clutch master cylinder I have. i bought a rebuild kit and it was not the right one. None of the catalogs have this one in them. Can anyone tell me which one this is and where to get a rebuild kit??

Attachments

• Alpine master cylinder.jpg
    Alpine master cylinder.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 49

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
That doesn't look like any Sunbeam clutch master cylinder I've ever seen. I would venture to guess that someone fitted that to the car at some point 'cause I sure don't think it came from the factory that way. Anyone else?

Take care,

mxp01

Platinum Level Sponsor
I believe its a aftermarket one. it fit to the pedal without any special mods.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yeah, that absolutely is not a Sunbeam/Rootes part, and in fact, it's not even a Girling/Lockheed part either.

My suggestion would be to replace it with a factory unit... they are still available, and even a well rebuilt original will last you a good long time.