• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Clutch Master Cylinder Removal

Chrisp Rapier

Donation Time
Hi all. I am confused. I am trying to remove the clutch master cylinder. It's unbolted from the firewall and the pushrod has been detached from the pedal, but I cannot remove the unit as there is a spring and plastic round element bigger than the hole. This spring and plastic piece do not show on any parts diagram I have seen.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
The items on the right are what my series 2 has. If yours has the same, just compress the spring a little and slide out the keeper washer.
RIMG0567-XL.jpg

Chrisp Rapier

Donation Time
The items on the right are what my series 2 has. If yours has the same, just compress the spring a little and slide out the keeper washer.
RIMG0567-XL.jpg
I went out in the garage and had a look. Well I should say I had a feel. I have not removed the pedal so it is hard to see. I do feel however, that I have this metal keeper just as you show. tomorrow in the daytime I will see if I can separate it from the spring as it seems to be stuck on it. Thank you for the very helpful photo and the advice. Since the keeper is stuck on the spring I would have been fumbling around with it for a long time, without your help.

Chrisp Rapier

Donation Time
Just to update. after freeing the keeper washer from the spring, I was able to remove the Clutch master cylinder and solder the seam leak it had. After that I rebuilt it and installed it along with the rebuilt slave cylinder. I cannot complete it all till I put the rebuilt engine back in.