• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Clutch and Brake return springs

Ashfried

Donation Time
Hey All,

I have noticed my clutch and brake springs are looking worn, making some noise and are begining to show some rust. I have looked at all the usual places, Sunbeam Specialties, VB, etc. but don't see any replacements. Checking the Internet, I see most posts say find used ones.

Does anyone know where to find new replacements? They are just springs. Is there an equivalent spring from another make of car?

I did do a search of spring manufacturers in my area and found one that has a huge stock or pre made springs or will custom make them. If no one knows where to get them I could pull mine out and measure them for size and how many pounds of pressure they make, but that does seem like over kill if they are available.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Ash

Ashfried

Donation Time
It looks like the sunbeam spares company.co.uk has the springs I am looking for part number
ACD29 - Clutch cylinder return spring.

Closer would be better if anyone knows of a seller here in the US

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Ash, are you talking about the springs down under the dash at the pedals? Can't imagine them being a problem. Try just greasing them up a bit to stop any rust and noise. That doesn't work, you can always try for new springs.