• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Clock bezel

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
So I bought an after market dash clock for my project and it turns out to be the same size as the other small gauges in the dash. Has anyone ever.crafted a spacer type bezel that allows you to mount a 52 mm clock in the larger clock hole in the dash? I have not had much luck finding a modern clock of the correct diameter.

I dont have a blanking plate for the clock opening, but I bet it would be a good starting point for this task.

Last edited:

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
Yes, the blanking plate's bezel is what you'll need... not the plate itself necessarily. I put a fuel pressure gauge in a dash in place of the clock, which was a blanking plate on my vehicle. If I recall correctly, I fabricated a flat "ring" out of Plexiglas that had an inside diameter the size of the outer diameter of the gauge and had the outside diameter of the Plexiglas ring the inside diameter of the blanking plate's trim ring. This was glued to the outside of the gauge, flush with the front edge of the gauge. This prevented the gauge from falling through the hole in the dash and the trim ring covered the outside. I can't find photos of the inside yet, but here is the final product...

Rick

Attachments

• P1140388r.jpg
    P1140388r.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
I looked at ebay uk for Humber dash parts, but didn't find anything, but wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for. Can you provide another hint?
I'll see if I can get picture later. I bought one for my dad's alpine when we fitted a smaller clock into the original dash. It's basically a stepped chrome spacer bezel.. I'll see if I can get an image for you.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes, the blanking plate's bezel is what you'll need... not the plate itself necessarily. I put a fuel pressure gauge in a dash in place of the clock, which was a blanking plate on my vehicle. If I recall correctly, I fabricated a flat "ring" out of Plexiglas that had an inside diameter the size of the outer diameter of the gauge and had the outside diameter of the Plexiglas ring the inside diameter of the blanking plate's trim ring. This was glued to the outside of the gauge, flush with the front edge of the gauge. This prevented the gauge from falling through the hole int he dash and the trim ring covered the outside. I can't find photos of the inside yet, but here is the final product...

Rick
Worked perfectly me. Needed a little E6000 to hold the clock in place.
Bill

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
I make an adaptor! looks clean. comes with a ring for behind the last to secure the clock
PM me
Bruce

Attachments

• image1 copy.jpeg
    image1 copy.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10