• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Chrome

Maebnus

Donation Time
Hello all, I am looking for the chrome stripping that goes around the rear window of the early hard tops. I believe the series I & II hardtops were the same design. If you have this item or know of anyone who might and would be willing to sell please contact me. It doesn't have to be show quality, i can have this re-chromed if nessassary. Thank you in advance.

Chris Cirillo

skywords

Donation Time
Hello Chris
Boy that's a tall order! I have two hard tops one that is on my daily driver with no chrome and one slated for my restoration Series I. I bought it from Jeff at the bay area tiger club it has all the all the chrome on it. I hear it is a bear to install but I have never done it. I will probably let a glass shop do it when the time comes. You might have to buy an entire hard top to get it. Watch e-bay and good luck I hope you find some.

Rick

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I have been watching eBay for 5 years for some of the early Series hard top chrome. Haven't seen any.

napa 1

Donation Time
My hardtop came to me completely stripped of everything. I actually ended up buying a complete hardtop on ebay from someone in England. I made an agreement with the seller before hand, that If I won the auction, he would be willing to disassemble the top and send me everything except the shell and plexiglass window. A few weeks later the package arrived with all the latches, mountings, ss trim, screws.....everything...except the rear window trim! "never knew it had trim on the rear window" he said. Anyway, as Skywords pointed out, that might be the only way to find it - I've seen several tops listed over the past year or so. And fortunately the trim is actually Stainless Steel, not chrome, so it polishes up nicely.

AlpineII

Donation Time
I have seen these come up twice over the last year or so and both times the price was outrageous!

S

Steve Kirk

There are extemely hard to find. I had to buy a complete hardtop just to get one for myself. I am unsure why these are almost always missing, do they fall off?

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Saw that when the auction started.
Thought maybe he didn't know what he had.
He saw the auction for the "stripped" early hardtop with a starting price of $499.00 or some such.
I have at least 3 or 4 early tops.
None have rear trim.
Almost gaurantee the buyer will only ask for the trim to be shipped.
Good luck all!

alpine_64

Donation Time
looks like the hardtop came with a late model car the seeler bought. I got a SAOCA member to fnid me some of the window trim for my SII.. however until very recently i had no way to ship it, as the SI/II trim is not so easy to move around becasue of the 3d profile of the curve.

skywords

Donation Time
Chris if you buy that hard top in California you might look into a moving company to ship it for you. They will wrap it with blankets and set it on Grandma's sofa in the truck. I have had wings shipped that way before.
Just a thought.

Rick