• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Chasing classic cars guy

Jim E

Donation Time
Anyone see the bit the guy from Chasing Classic cars, Wayne something I think, did on Tigers? Just a short with a Cobra comparison and saying he thought they were under valued and he was looking for one.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes, I did see that over the weekend. He was standing next to an original FIA Cobra, one of five built, then walked over to a nice-looking Tiger and talked about what a bargain they were compared to the Cobra. Well duh, the FIA Cobra is worth, in his opinion, over $1 million. I guess the Tiger would look like a bargain! ;)

alpine_64

Donation Time
Yes, I did see that over the weekend. He was standing next to an original FIA Cobra, one of five built, then walked over to a nice-looking Tiger and talked about what a bargain they were compared to the Cobra. Well duh, the FIA Cobra is worth, in his opinion, over $1 million. I guess the Tiger would look like a bargain! ;)

Scott,

$1mill for the FIA is not opinions as much as market value on one of those.. and 1 mill would be the low end.. same with real 427's.

Jim E

Donation Time
He priced the Tiger in the $40 to 70k range if I recall correct, which seems pretty high in the current market. The Cobra he compared it to was what? one of five made and race spec so I guess it could be low at a million then he said "if" you could find one for sale the seller could ask what they wanted pretty much, seemed a million was just a place marker. Mostly I thought it was good PR for the Tiger. I like the show think it is a blast to watch but Wayne seems to be a little behind the price curve at times. Then the cars he deals with a level or six above even very good. On the other end is "Wheeler Dealers" might be my favorite car show with Ed China doing the most wonderful bodging

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Watched Wheeler Dealers last night. Love the show, and last night's car was one of my all-time favorites - the Saab 900.