• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Carolina British Classics V

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hello Beamers,

The annual show / S.O.S. in Columbia , SC has been moved to the spring! The tentative date is May 21st, 2011. The best thing about this years show is that the SUNBEAM marque is featured. How many shows will you go to outside of the two major Sunbeam club's will feature our marque?? We have had up to 20 Sunbeams at this local show and this year we are hoping to double that. Eric G. and I will let everyone know more as the show continues to develop. We are also having it at a different location from last year. Mark that weekend to be here on your calendar and we'll do our part to have a great event. If you have more than one Sunbeam, I will work something out on the registration for you.

Scott - can the race car be ready? Kim, can your Seacrest green Series 3 be ready? Jim, get VADER ready! I will speed up my restoration on my Series 3 for this show too.

We will have a class for Tigers and Alpines and depending on registrations could even have other classes. It would be cool to have enough cars pre-registered to allow for a class per Series of Alpine and Tiger.
Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
That would be too cool! We could have a class for vintage racers! Or a class for newly restored SUNBEAMS and their debut to the new world.

Let's get to work!

Cheers,

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Sounds like a date for me and Beverly, we will be there!:cool: Now I need someone to drive the Tiger and I will drive the Alpine

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Great News! Tell Bev we said hello. Ok that looks like 6 cars so far in a day. We are shooting for 40!

Eric, Is there a possiblity of renting the cabins?

Cheers,

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
If I can get the right things taken care of I'm going to try and get my son to drive the Blue (tin can) Beam, I know it will make it both ways but it's been sitting for a year, and only has one seat (passenger but I moved it to driver :p)
Got a few bugs to work out but she runs pretty darn good.
Tom j

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Tom, That's great if you could get that car over here! I would love to see it! Why do you call it (tin can)?? Do you need a drivers seat for it??
Hey Bill, Tell Barb that a "tentative" at this stage is great! We hope that will firm up as we get closer!
Since both of the major Sunbeam shows are either western or northern this year, we will be a great place to come if you cannot travel that far and are in the south. We'll plan a full weekend of fun. Maybe something good for Friday night to kick it off. Show Saturday morning, then a couple of Sunbeam events Saturday after the show and then a breakfast together on Sunday morning. Let us know if there is anything you would like to do.

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Stephen,

Try to get up with Mark so he knows about this show. I would love to have his family and his white Series 3 here with us.

Cheers,

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
This show will be happening soon and as Todd says this is a nice time of the year to have a Sunbeam event. Come and join us! Eric

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
While everyones close by, The Greenville Highland Games/Great Scot! British car show will be held on the campus of Furman University on the 28th of May. If you coming from a long distance, plan to spend the week in SC and catch both shows.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hello Beamers,

The registration form is now up on the web site of our local British car club for the show called Carolina British Classics V. This is the show that Sunbeam is the featured marque and we are hoping ot have 40 Sunbeams attend. Please go to the site and print off the registration form and get your car registered. We will have events that weekend that are just for Sunbeams such as a cook-out etc. Eric and I look forward to having all of you join us.

http://www.bccmc.com/index.php/cbc-iv/

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Beamers,

We have confirmed a host motel for our Sunbeam event. Eric G. and I will be creating a weekend of Sunbeam stuff for us to do along with the all British car show on Sauturday in which Sunbeam will be the featured marque. When you book your room please tell them you are with the British Car Show to get the discounted rate. Here is the link:

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-columbia-south_carolina-SC221?sid=$IsX.XKFsrg8Nw.4&sarea=&sname=29210%2C+SC%2C+US&slon=-81.112999&slat=34.054901&schain=CS&scountry=US&sstate=SC&type=&sradius=80.00&dateFormat=mm/dd/yy&arrivalDate=05/20/11&departureDate=05/22/11&sstate_country=&scity=&srp=RACK&nroom=1&nadult1=2&nchild1=0&nadult2=&nchild2=&nadult3=&nchild3=&nadult4=&nchild4=&nadult5=&nchild5

Cheers,
Todd

65beam

Donation Time
british classic

eric,
i wish this was another weekend. that's the week for import carlisle and the bash.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Bob
I know it conflicts with those events but Todd and I had no say in the date that was selected....!

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Tom, You did it again! You are the number one and number two registrant for the show. So far, all the cars registered for the show are SUNBEAMS!!!!! Let's get up to 40 Sunbeams here!!!

Cheers,