• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Caravan to Invasion from Atlanta

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Howdy Folks,
Heading to the Invasion on Friday morning April 5th, I'd like to arrive in Columbia around 12:00-1:00 so we're planing to leave around 8-8:30.
Steve, Allan, Greg, anyone else heading that way ?
Lets make some plans, safety in numbers. I think we have some empty seats for anyone who's car is not ready.

Tom j

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
My ability to caravan depends upon a number of factors. Most important, I will either have to wait for my friend to bring a trailer or, if the shop ever gets my head ready and I get everything bolted back in, I may be able to drive the car down to Smyrna and onto the trailer.

The machine shop left a message yesterday saying he needed some "help" from me. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I have a feeling it ultimately means I'm not gonna be driving my car to Smyrna.

Keep me posted on the caravan plans.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Down to the wire

By needing help, the machine shop dude meant, "I don't feel comfortable doing valve guides anymore. I think it's better if you take it to Tommy Goza."

So I did and begged Tommy to do the guides and grind the seats as fast as possible. When he's done, it's back to the other shop for the rest of the work. So my head will probably be ready Monday night. Or Tuesday night.

Depending upon how things go, we might have to have a bonus tech session entitled, "Make it so Greg's car might not blow up when he turns the key for the first time in four months."

Stephen

Silver Level Sponsor
Anyone heading south on the 4th I will be heading south from (Charlotte area) 1.5 hours out of Columbia. let me know here or PM
See the rest of the clan then

Stephen

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Howdy Folks,
Heading to the Invasion on Friday morning April 5th, I'd like to arrive in Columbia around 12:00-1:00 so we're planing to leave around 8-8:30.
Steve, Allan, Greg, anyone else heading that way ?
Lets make some plans, safety in numbers. I think we have some empty seats for anyone who's car is not ready.

Tom j

I'm planning on a Friday a.m. departure.

Not sure about joining you guys though, as you understandably enjoy your OD's and my OD is out of the car.

Too many RPM's to turn, etc, to keep up.

I looked at the back route as I-20 is pure mindlessness, and 78/378 etc is an option, but I haven't decided yet.

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Allan, We're bringing the Tin Can which doesn't have OD and a 4.22 rear end so we'll not be flying out to Columbia. We've in the past taken the back roads most of the way, nice drive adds about 1.5- 2 hours to the trip.

Tom j

If you take the 78 route avoid Athens ! !

Last edited:

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Allan, We're bringing the Tin Can which doesn't have OD and a 4.22 rear end so we'll not be flying out to Columbia. We've in the past taken the back roads most of the way, nice drive adds about 1.5- 2 hours to the trip.

Tom j

If you take the 78 route avoid Athens ! !

Tom,

Sure, that works, count me in.

Rendezvous at your place around 8:00?

I took the 78 route the last time and it was a little tedious around Athens.

sd_pace

Donation Time
ready to go.... I put the wires on just for this trip and shined 'er up real nice.... I am sitting in the car waiting, hands on the wheel, lookin' at the clock!
...... pretty soon ... pretty soon ....:D

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Put a fan on in front of you for the true effect:D. See you about 8 on Friday