• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Car Shipping , Interstate Alpine transport

JackSun

Diamond Level Sponsor
Anyone know any independent car transporters ? Needing to get an Alpine transported from Oklahoma to Alabama .…. Are the days
of an independent shipper gone & there‘s only the “ pressure , shipping brokers “ on the internet ? Surely , there’s still people that will
load it , drive it to you & can be paid in cash for the effort .… If anyone has a referral for a shipper , would appreciate the contact info .
Frustrated talking to the “ broker shippers “ .….

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Try "Uship" my cousin used them to get a car from Boston to New Orleans. Was an enclosed trailer, $800 took 36hrs.

JackSun

Diamond Level Sponsor
A large Thank You ! & Cheers , to “ belmateo “ , after ridiculous $ quotes , several No Thank you‘s ,” It’s
Too far off the path “ responses , YouShip failure w/ absurd estimates….. Ben , will deliver the Alpine
tomorrow @ a totally acceptable price & will bring it on the island & I don’t have to drive 30 minutes to
meet a transporter @ a truck stop on the Interstate.……
Can only say , from my experience ….contact Ben @ tandatransport@gmail.com & save all the hassle
& the brokerage fees if someone needs car transport .

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
JackSun,
Thanks for the positive feedback, glad it worked out for you. I tried to get a quote from those "other guys" and it was more of an email nightmare.
Guy

JackSun

Diamond Level Sponsor
if a future transporter need , I Won’t waste my time w/ the broker scams . Ben delivered the when & where & for the
price he quoted & kept me posted on where he was en route . Thanks again Guy ! Cheers , Jack

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
The only time I have ever had a car shipped, it was the same type of set up. It was a retired guy with an enclosed trailer and a 1 ton pickup. Great communication and a low price.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Just a word of caution re: having your car shipped. Rocco/Mototron bought a Porsche project on eBay a few years ago and had it shipped via someone he found via UShip. I was there when the car was being unloaded and the cable broke when it was being lowered from the trailer. It could have been worse, but the car rolled straight off the ramps and hit the ground with enough force to damage the front end pretty badly. He started getting a runaround from the shipper when he tried to get them to cover the damage. Fortunately, he had insured the car with Hagerty before having it shipped and Hagerty covered the damage and then went after the shipper. Regardless of who you use, I would definitely insure the car before having it loaded!

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hagerty goes after shipper...
That well played tune is subrogation.
Or to you and I their lawyer's are better than what you can find. This is something that should be considered whenever you walk away from the car surrendering custody and control of your car . 800 sounds fair as I paid 4 bucks a mile on my last hook up, and that was a couple years ago. I recall trying not to gasp when I heard a restorer tell me what he had on his garage plan.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Just a word of caution re: having your car shipped. Rocco/Mototron bought a Porsche project on eBay a few years ago and had it shipped via someone he found via UShip. I was there when the car was being unloaded and the cable broke when it was being lowered from the trailer. It could have been worse, but the car rolled straight off the ramps and hit the ground with enough force to damage the front end pretty badly. He started getting a runaround from the shipper when he tried to get them to cover the damage. Fortunately, he had insured the car with Hagerty before having it shipped and Hagerty covered the damage and then went after the shipper. Regardless of who you use, I would definitely insure the car before having it loaded!
I do not trust Uship, good advice Jim

mototron

Donation Time
I have used All state to State Auto Transport , Peter Cooper 315 634 5754
had a 72 F250 delivered to long island ny from Arizona It was here in 3 days For $1450
In great shape . I still would insure the car before transport no matter who does it
I was getting prices of $2500 to $4000 for the transport on uship