• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Calendars and Elections

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Well..... It's that time again. Coming up on that time of year where we start asking for entries for the 2018 Calendar. So, If you want to make sure you get one, get your renewals in by October so we know how many to order PLUS a few. We'll make one large order and hope to get them all out in December so everyone gets the full year. Come in later in the year and you may get a portion of the year, or we may be out. I'll leave it to the next Board of Directors to come up with a Solomon like solution. I'm sending Dan my check around Labor Day.

Which brings us to the Election which we will have in November. As I stated, I will not be running. It's been my pleasure to serve 6 years on the Board and that's enough. It's time for new blood. Paul, Dan, James and Greg have been great to work with. I hope some/all of them will consider staying on. It's up to each of them to decide. I'd ask them to post something here in the next few weeks one way or the other so interested members can raise their hand. As Officers we have the obligation to, should we not continue on, brief possible replacements on the job details.

Looks like we are ready to launch the new Forum and shortly thereafter the full site. I hope you'll be pleased with the features and ease to use it. Your generosity and support of SAOCA has given us the ability to make this happen. Please continue your support. I'm constantly getting emails from owners from all over the globe how our site is a great source.

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'm in for another go....

Nick, Add me to the list for another term.

If the membership thinks me worthy, I'm willing to do my part.

Looking forward to the new site upgrade....

Many thanks to allour members fro their support to the SAOCA.

DanR

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Got a few phone calls over the weekend. "How much time" was the most asked question. Good conversations and fair questions were asked. An interesting one was what did I see SAOCA going next.

Had to think about that one.

Best answer I could come up with was its not up to me. The Membership and the new Board need to put that in motion. As members you have to decide and either run for office or elect a Board to take the next step.

After months the of research the Board recently voted to move ahead with the forum and website update. Past President Todd Nordby lent his expertise. We have the funds and it's been the mission of this group to deliver more value to the membership. We'll be able to post more articles and pictures and all the features will work.

The count of views on this string has been steadily growing so I know you're reading this. Let's post some ideas as to what you as members would like to see. Let's keep the momentum up.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Nick in your POST "How much time" was the most asked question.

"How much time for what?"

DanR

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Dan, I'm thinking it means the term of office.
Tom j
I may be interested in VP, if we can't come up with new folks.
Thanks Dan for keeping the books and volunteering to do it some more.
Tom j

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Sometime in October we should know who has raised their hand for Board positions. If there are multiples for an office, we will post a poll for voting. This string has generated a lot of views. 210+ so far.

I'd ask interested members to "announce" their interest on this string.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
When you have a good Board like I do? A few hours a week monitoring the site and forum and keeping things civil. That's been the biggest aggravation. My responsibility has been staying in touch with my Board members and monitoring projects and keeping things somewhat on schedule. I get emails from convention centers asking us to plan our events in their city. I get requests from enthusiasts and respond to them. Coordinate phone conference Board meetings.

I'd ask the individual Board members to answer it also.
How long does it take to balance our check book? I have a Treasurer that watches your contributions and club funds with a sharp eye.
Ask our Membership and Secretary who have been great. They shouldered much of the site improvement.
Our VP has supported all the other officers and supplied research.
And we had the support of our past President throughout the research and implementation of the new software. He kept a close watch and provided advice on how we used Club money.

My Board did the bulk of the work while I collected my huge salary. Occasionally I communicate regularly with Lord Rootes in the Great Beyond who guides and advises me. (FYI-He's warmed up to the Dark Side.)

Yes.... It takes some time but I think if you ask past and present Board members, I'm pretty sure they will tell you they felt they wanted to give back to the Club they got so much from. I'm glad I was a part of 3 Boards. Time for new blood, and new ideas. We're often told SAOCA is the best source of Alpine information. The next Board will continue to improve that source with the support of our members dues, and sharing of information.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Buck'n for more money

Mr President, All that was nice to say, But You ain't gitt'n another raise;)

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Here's your update.

So far Dan has elected to run for treasurer. Thanks Dan.

Have not heard if James or Greg will continue or run for President or Vice President.

Tom mentioned he might run for VP.

That's the news friends and neighbors. All interested members post your availability, and the position you're interested in serving in, here. We've has lots of looks at this string. Time to raise some hands.

Dan... Sending my dues this weekend. Looking forward to getting next year's calendar.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
As SAOCA Treasurer....

I'm waiting on that Money for Dues as always:p

Keep'em On-the-Road,

DanR

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Ok. 560+ views and time to make a commitment.

So far Dan raised his hand to return as Treasurer and running unopposed.
Who's running for:

President
Vice President
Secretary
Membership
Treasurer-Dan Richardson & ?.....

We have to allow time to transition over so elections/confirmations need to happen early November so raise your hand now.

Don't be shy. Impress your friends and neighbors. At least in the Presidential spot the other Board members refer to you as "Your Magnificence". Or you can select your own title.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I second with a nomination of Tom Johnson for President and Greggers for Membership Director and Mike Hartmann for Secretary

Do I HEAR A SECOND?

DanR