• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bumper dismantle

studmobile

Diamond Level Sponsor
Trying to get the brackets and overriders off the bumper, to send things for chrome. As I remember, the holes in the bumper itself are square, at least on some of them. Even with PB Blaster and good care, I am afraid I am going to round the square holes in trying to loosen the bolts. I am tempted to just grind/saw the bolts to rem0ve them, then replace. Make sense, or any better ideas? Thanks, David

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
You can try melting and dripping a little candle wax on the threads where they meet the nut.

Use some anti-seize when reassembling.

Mike

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I think sacrificing the bolts/nuts is a good idea, as it is very easy to round the hole in the overrider. You might be able to drill a hole in the nut, right at the thread that will make it easy to get off. I think that will prove easier than grinding them off.