• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Brits at the Beach, Sept. 14th

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Anybody going to Brits on the Beach, Sept. 14th in Wrightsville Beach, NC?

todd, are any of your members planning to attend our show on sept 14th? we have sunbeam classes, but regretfully have none in our club (94 members). I was in columbia this spring for the invasion and was the only non-sunbeam devotee staying at the ‘sunbeam hotel’. I really enjoyed the cars and the owners—great folks. you can get info about the show at our website www.BMCCF.org. hope some of you can come. john moore (64 triumph tr4)

dmich2

Donation Time
Todd. There is a string "Wilmington Show" I started a while back. So far I have Greggers from Georgia, (maybe GreenAlpine-Tom, can't tell from his posts if he's coming), Eric, Doug Miller, Stephen Smith, Steve Kirk and myself. Would love to get a few more. The organizer is really grateful for the turn out.

Dennis

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
I'll not be making it this year, I thought for awhile we could but we've had a few "other" things pop up which unfortunately trump my plans:(

Tom j

dmich2

Donation Time
Here's the info on the Pre-Show gathering Friday Night.

Friday, September 13th: 6:00 – 8:00 PM The Pub at Sweet and Savory 2012 Eastwood Road
http://www.thepubatsweetnsavory.com/
Appetizers provided by BMCCF - Cash bar
Directions to the Pre-show party from the Fairfield Hotel and Suites at 307 Eastwood Road:
Left from the hotel heading east on Eastwood Road. Travel 3.4 miles through 6 stoplights. Prepare to take the second right after the 6th stoplight.
Take a right onto Burke. Watch for the speed bump! Beyond the speed bump, take a left into a paved parking lot.
Walk across the street to the Pub.
You can certainly also park in the gravel parking lot behind the Pub if you wish.
You can then stay after the pre- show party and order dinner or have drinks at either the Pub or the adjacent Sweet and Savory restaurant without having to move your car. Or take advantage of numerous excellent restaurants in the immediate area.
Enjoy your evening!
If you want to get to a stoplight to get back onto Eastwood Road, take a left out of the paved lot. Watch for the speed bump! Take a right onto Wrightsville Ave. Go .1 mile (there is a lane that opens up to go right) and take a right into the shopping center. Drive straight through the parking lot, taking a right at West Marine/Woof Gang bakery, then take an immediate left to get to the light.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
As expected, my wife ended up backing out. So without a copilot and without a caravan, I'm left without a good reason to drive the 9-10 hours.

I'm gonna try to make next year happen. Surely she can keep her schedule clear if I give her a year's advance notice.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
If we go maybe sat. morning or Friday do not know for sure, it will be a last min. thing I am sure.:cool: I do know that Doug Miller is going down from Durham, but not sure about when

Last edited:

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
My plan at the moment is to travel down Saturday morning but could be changed. I believe Doug is travelling on Friday to play golf. If we are going at the same time we could travel together.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Sent my money in today, so we will go down on Sat. morning, leave here around 6 or7 , that will put us at the show around 10am. Keep in touch or give me a call.:cool: