• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

British Invasion

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
Is anyone thinking about to the British Invasion in Stowe Vermont this September. It 6 months from now, but I have sent my registration to them.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
It’s not all that far from our summer home on Lake Champlain, but every year it seems something comes up. This year we can’t make it because we are taking our Alpine on a tour of Nova Scotia with our local our Triumph club.

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
That’s funny actually. I’m leaving Nova Scotia to tour the northern part of 3 New England states and end up in Stowe.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Well, if you’ll be near Rouses Point sometime in your route, let me know!

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
I certainly will. Last fall I met with two of your tour group members here in Nova Scotia to discuss this tour and make suggestions where I could. I can’t recall the couple’s name just now, they where from Pennsylvania.

ChrisR

Donation Time
I am planning to go to the British Invasion this year. Nice drive down to Stowe from Montreal. I missed last year but went the two years before that.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Chris, we get to Montreal often during the summer, since our summer house is 5 miles over the border in Rouses Point NY. Love me some poutine!

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
Chris, thinking about going to Montreal on our return from Stowe, then on to Nova Scotia. Is Chris Hollum still in business near the airport?

ChrisR

Donation Time
I believe Chris Hollum is still in business, I hear that he may have moved, but is still in Dorval near the airport. I have never had the chance to go there. If my usual guy here on the South Shore does not have a Carb Kit, I may try Chris Hollum

Kevin, Just up,the road from you, Venise-en Quebec, usually has a car show one Sunday in mid summer. Mainly US muscle, but often a few British cars too. I went a couple of years ago. I also play golf at Hemmingford most Sunday's.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks, Chris, I’ll look for it.

We have a show in Rouses Point as well, and similarly it’s mostly muscle, but I’ve seen a few British there as well. I hope to have one of mine there this year. It’s held at St Patrick’s Church, usually on the third Sunday in August.

You can just barely pick out an MGB with the bonnet up in one of these photos:

https://stpatricksrpny.org/photoalbums/6th-antique-classic-car-show

St. Mary’s in Champlain, NY, also held their first car show in late May last summer and it was a good show.

https://www.pressrepublican.com/new...cle_f8f521ea-faff-5763-9707-90077f2af724.html

We also have a July 4th / Canada Day parade which any classic can join.

Last edited: