• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

BRITISH INVASION in Stowe, VT Sept 14-16

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Cars owners of Cars of the ROOTES Group:
Tigers, Alpines, Hillmans, Humbers, etc.
come to the “British Invasion†STOWE, VT, September 14-16
For details see: www.britishinvasion.com
It is the largest British Car Meet in the Northeast and usually draws over 600 cars of different makes. However few Rootes cars are present. There is a special class for the Sunbeams,. I see always maybe 1 Humner, a lonely Hillman, a Sunbeam motorcycle and maybe tw or three Alpines and Tigers. Why only lots of Triumphs, and MGs? Come on folks we can do better than that. Especially since it is close to Montreal and Quebec, Canadians ought to come.
Robert

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
A good friend of my father's plans on attending with his recently restored 1939 Singer roadster. He used to specialize in Packard restorations but really took to the Singer when he came across it. He does top quality work so you won't be disappointed when you see this Singer. He'll be coming up from Lynchburg, VA.

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
The Singer group is always very active. Alwaays appear in white coveralls. Robert

PS But there will be a number of Rootes Group cars this year.More is always better!

cdk84

Donation Time
Stowe, VT Singer

Hey, Scott,

Though Stowe is a place you expect to see and hear Singers --other than the von Trapp Family-- there was no 1939 Singer on the field last weekend. I was there with my friends and the only TE/AE car and owner that I recognized was Beverly Bonner. She is intrepid and a fine ambassador for the club in that she is friendly and always shows up with her Alpine (often having improved something).

Some people come to Stowe with their cars but without entering them in the show. We (NASOC North American Singer Owners Club) certainly would have welcomed a 1939 Singer Nine with open arms. It would have stood out among the Prewar Singers, and made a nice transition from the pre- to post-war Nines. We also would have noticed it had it driven around town, but there was no sign of such a car.

Any idea what happened to your friend?

Hope everything is well with you.

Best Wishes,

David

PS Robert, somehow we missed each other. I was at the Sunbeam section several times, yet spent most of my time with the Singer Clan, seeing them only once a year. Dave and Barbara Twombly were also not there, as far as I know. How are you? Best to Mariet. Sorry to have missed you. David

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
David - my post was from 2 years ago! Hope you weren't looking too hard for that Singer. LOL.

BTW, I got the year wrong - it's a 1950. Here's a link to pictures of his car. If you do a search for Otto Vallastro you'll find he also builds beautiful wooden models. Otto's health has been deteriorating so he sold the Singer to someone in Europe. This was probably the last car he'll ever restore.

http://local.aaca.org/lynchburgva/singer.htm

Last edited:

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
British Invasion 2016

It's getting that time again!
Cars owners of Cars of the ROOTES Group: Tigers, Alpines, Hillmans, Humbers, etc. come to the “British Invasion†STOWE, VT, September 16-18

For details see: www.BritishInvasion.com

The largest British Car Meet in the Northeast, over 600 cars of different makes do attend. However not many ROOTES Group cars are present.
There is a special class for the Sunbeams.
I see always maybe 1 Humber, a lonely Hillman, a Sunbeam motorcycle and maybe 4 or 5 Alpines and Tigers. Why only lots of Triumphs, and MGs?
Come on folks we can do better than that. Especially since it is close to Montreal and Quebec, more Canadians ought to join.
Robert