• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

British Car - Sunbeams Featured

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have not seen a posting on this yet, so I wanted to make sure everyone in our area knew about this show. The Triumph Club of North Carolina puts on a nice "all British" car show called The Gathering. It will be held Friday 20th - Sunday 22nd. The actual show will be on Saturday the 21st. The only reason I am bringing this to everyones attention is that The Sunbeam this year is the featured marque. Please see the link below. I'll be there and hope to see a good Sunbeam turn-out.

Cheers,

Todd

http://www.triumphclub.org/Gathering/index.htm

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I just got back from "The Gathering" an all British Car Show in Dobson, NC. As I mentioned in my previous post the Sunbeam was the featured marque. They had 200 British cars at this event in an absolute beautiful setting in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The weather was 72 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. The winery had great food, lots of wine, and were great host to the crowd of 500 plus. Did I mention that the Sunbeam was the featured marque? We do not get that chance often at these shows and often get stuck in the "special interest class". I had a blast and enjoyed passing out flyers for the show I am going to put on in Columbia, SC on September 23rd. Eric and Jim, I bought each of you a t-shirt from the show since it had a couple of Sunbeams on it since we were the featured marque. I guess I have mention the fact that we were the featured marque enough, but did I mention that I had the only Sunbeam there and had to travel 3 1/2 hours to get there. I was so close to not going and glad I went so they would not have a show with a featured marque and not have a single car in that marque there. But the bad thing was since I was the only one there and they did not have three cars in the Sunbeam class register I got thrown in to the "Special Class" anyway! They just told me I was special!

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Todd, not sure if this was the case but it was a bit of short notice.
How do they decide on the featured mark?
You would think that if in the past they didn't have a turn out, that for one they wouldn't make it the feature, and for two that they would have contacted any and all Sunbeam clubs they could find and to have given notice.
Strange.
What a great weekend for a show though!

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jeff, I agree 1000000%. They did a very poor job of letting the Sunbeam owners know about this. I just happen to stumble across it while I was registering. I posted it here but as you said with very little notice. I tired to represent us well though! lol

Todd