• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Booster (servo) hose

Limey

Donation Time
If anyone is interested I have found a maker of '2 stripe' booster hoses. He's in the UK and makes them for Lotus Cortinas etc but identical to Alpine ones. Sells them on Ebay. Makes them to order. No connection just happy to share and say that the product is excellent.

Max length he can do is 34'' (860mm) which is long enough for my planned CDW location.
Oliver

IMG_4328.JPG
Screenshot 2020-11-08 at 15.49.20.png
IMG_4331.JPG
IMG_4329.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4330.JPG
    IMG_4330.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4328.JPG
    IMG_4328.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Limey

Donation Time
Hi Bernd - they are hand made so I guess the price reflects that but it's not a 'must have' for most drivers. Still, nice to know there's someone that can make them.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I expected that it would be the usual one...but this actaully has the fine texture... The same hose was on cooper S and Jag xke... But the xke suppliers only sell.short precut lengths..

Good work

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Oliver, very true. We all love people taking initiative for reproducing period correct items. Just considering whether it would be worth it for me. Anyhow it's the originality cluster here so thanks for the hint...

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
Just an FYI, a local guy bought this hose about a year ago for his car. The hose looked great at first, but the yellow stripe is turning brown. His car does get out a lot, but I think any potential buyer should be aware that it won't stay yellow for years.

Limey

Donation Time
Hi Pete - that's why I recomended white wall cleaner - it is formulated to clean painted rubber. Try a bit with a cotton bud tip;) also try meths or turps. Neither is a paint solvent at least not in the paint on the hose. Experiment.

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hi Pete - that's why I recomended white wall cleaner - it is formulated to clean painted rubber. Try a bit with a cotton bud tip;) also try meths or turps. Neither is a paint solvent at least not in the paint on the hose. Experiment.

Thanks! I'll give it a try. I paint, and the stripe looks like it was applied with acrylic paint. But, I won't know unless I try it.

Best wishes!