• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bonnet Mascot

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
:confused: I was looking at the Tech Tips and under Alpine Series Special Tuning and on the last page there is a list of Special Accessories. Listed is a 'Bonnet Mascot' part number 5240256. WHAT IS A BONNET MASCOT?????????:confused: :confused:

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Bob - that's that bizarre hood ornament available for the Alpine. Sort of a chrome spear you could attach to the bonnet. There's a picture of it in the accessories section of the main website.

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
OKAY Scott, then what is a Bonnet Motif? I thought that was the funny looking thing in the middle of the bonnet. 'Bonnet Mascot' part number 5240256. 'Bonnet Motif' part number 2201416

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
OKAY Scott, then what is a Bonnet Motif? I thought that was the funny looking thing in the middle of the bonnet. 'Bonnet Mascot' part number 5240256. 'Bonnet Motif' part number 2201416

In the Alpine Special Accessory brochures they used this terminology (and I am not making this up because I'm looking at the brochures right now):

For Series I they called it a bonnet flash
For Series II they called it a bonnet motif
For Series 3 they went back to calling it a bonnet flash
For Series IV, V, and Tiger they called it a bonnet mascot

I cannot account for the different part numbers but the pictures are of the exact same accessory - the chrome spear on the bonnet.

Just another way to drive us all crazy! :)

napa 1

Donation Time
They can call it whatever they like but the fact remains that....I really really REALLY want one! I wonder how Andrew is doing with this project??

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
bonnet flash

Yeah, but I bet it's not for sale!:rolleyes: At least not off the car!!!:D
Cheers!
Steve

napa 1

Donation Time
Ya Bill, I know someone who has one on their Harrington too. By the way does your garage have a padlock on it? ;)