• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bonnet Flash on Ebay

alpine_64

Donation Time
I have the title to my car. That gives me the right to put a continental kit on it if I should so desire. Or I could make it a swamp buggy or a coffee table. The point is "You don't criticize another man's taste in, wives wines or automobiles. I don't want the flash on my Alpine either but it sure looks good on Bills car.

I dont know what you guys are talking about..

Limey

Donation Time
Hi all.

Thanks to Mr Masse, I now own a rare bonnet flash:) Here in the UK they are as good as non existant. I have seen only one Alpine with it fitted and remain undecided if it truly enhances the already beautiful lines of the Alpine nose. As was said earlier in the thread once you stick on every accessory even if they be correct Rootes ones, an Alpine will start to look like a overdressed. Rest assured it won't gather dust in a collection on a shelf, I'll fit it to my red daily driver SII and see how like it after a few months.

If your wondering why I bought it, I love to collect as many Alpine SII accessories as and when they pop up. I know I can't catch up even close to some of you guys in the states but its fun trying and I love anything to do with SIIs. I drew the line at $710 for a set of Nos seat belts but have deep regrets, another glass of Merlot and they would have been mine:eek:Any one out there with a set of visors for a seriesII?? ( any condition)

All the best Oliver

napa 1

Donation Time
Hi all.

Thanks to Mr Masse, I now own a rare bonnet flash:) Here in the UK they are as good as non existant. I have seen only one Alpine with it fitted and remain undecided if it truly enhances the already beautiful lines of the Alpine nose. As was said earlier in the thread once you stick on every accessory even if they be correct Rootes ones, an Alpine will start to look like a overdressed. Rest assured it won't gather dust in a collection on a shelf, I'll fit it to my red daily driver SII and see how like it after a few months.

If your wondering why I bought it, I love to collect as many Alpine SII accessories as and when they pop up. I know I can't catch up even close to some of you guys in the states but its fun trying and I love anything to do with SIIs. I drew the line at $710 for a set of Nos seat belts but have deep regrets, another glass of Merlot and they would have been mine:eek:Any one out there with a set of visors for a seriesII?? ( any condition)

All the best Oliver

Lucky you. You just got the cream of the crop of Sunbeam accessories.

atallamcs

Donation Time
bonnet flash

You know, I really feel bad about having the motif on my Harrington Alpine. I think if everyone who does not like it would send me $5, I would remove it to keep the Alpine Marque clean. Drop me a line and I will give you my address--should make a bundle on this one.
Bill

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Pide in our cars

Andrew, you have a picture of my car? I didn't know anyone had one. But I'm not denying it looks like an Alpine, just saying it is the best looking Alpine.
Bill

Hi Bill:

I must have a picture of your car, as it is a picture of the best-looking Alpine that I have ever seen. Oh wait, that’s a picture of my car.:D

I was just trying to get a smile and to note how much pride we take in our cars along with the little things we do to make them ours. It is never good to down play a persons car or the things they love.

I am sure your car is "one" of the best looking Alpines! :)

You should give us a picture.

Andrew

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Andrew, you just don't get it. My car is not "One" of the best looking Alpines, it is "The" best looking Alpine.:) Not in detail, but in concept.

My car was able to avoid cameras last year because it sat almost the entire time on the pavement with the hood up and me hanging over the fender. If I posted a picture of it, many Alpine guys and gals would have no incentive to go to the Invasion this year.:D After all, the Invasion is all about me, isn't it?

Gee, talking smack is fun. See you in a couple of weeks.

Bill

atallamcs

Donation Time
Bonnet Flash

I am really perplexed. I thought the bonnet flash offended soooo many people yet I have only received $5 in my "pay me to remove it" challenge. Maybe Alpine guys are just thrifty. I know words are free but putting out the dough--well, that's another thing. . . .;)

napa 1

Donation Time
Bill, it's no use. I think most of these anti-flash guys need the prescriptions for their horn-rimmed glasses renewed. Can you imagine anyone not appreciating the delicate enhancement that a flash provides to an Alpine? There really is no finer accessory to the Sunbeam than the bonnet flash. The picture of your car with the flash removed proves the point beautifully.:cool:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Bill, it's no use. I think most of these anti-flash guys need the prescriptions for their horn-rimmed glasses renewed. Can you imagine anyone not appreciating the delicate enhancement that a flash provides to an Alpine? There really is no finer accessory to the Sunbeam than the bonnet flash. The picture of your car with the flash removed proves the point beautifully.:cool:

Actually there was the alpine a few years back on ebay with the speed hump.. that was sweet (anyone remember the TR4 bonet hump jamed on the alpine?)

atallamcs

Donation Time
flash

Too funny, especially the remark about the glasses--you know those horned rimmed beauties will be coming back into fashion in another decade, particularly those enhanced with the paper clip or tape to replace the missing screw--those screws can be costly.
Bill

atallamcs

Donation Time
bonnet flash

Funny you should say that about drillling good metal. I put mine on to cover a crease and a bunch of rust pin holes in my hood.
Bill

napa 1

Donation Time
To avoid drilling holes in the hood I just glued mine on with Elmers school glue, looks great, but the darn thing keeps sliding off whenever I brake.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hating to drill holes and wanting to avoid the Elmers glue syndrome, I set mine on the hold whenever it is parked, held in place with some of the wife's Sticky Tack. Every show car needs some of that stuff.

Bill

napa 1

Donation Time
Yes! I finally got a bonnet flash from ebay today! Can't wait to install it on the Le Mans and show you guys what a great looking accessory it is.:D