• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

body panel recommendations

Stormbringer

Donation Time
Did a search but didn't come up with much. What supplier has the best fitting parts? Looking for rear fender repair panels. I would try making them but don't think I would be able to form the lip at the wheel arch.

Thanks,

Dan

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
If you are prepared to ship from the UK Chris Draycott supplies the best Alpine panels in my opinion. I have had all manner of replacement panels over the years but Chris's require the least fettling and are very well made.

Tim R

P1110316.jpgP1090496.jpg

Tim R

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jan, When you mentioned the Martel Panels that reminded me of a couple panels I have in which came with an Alpine I bought. They are extremely well made and fit perfectly. Are they still available for sale ?

mikephillips

Donation Time
I don't believe he's made any for some time now. There was a sort of love/hate relationship with the Sunbeam community where sometimes things would be cordial and other time complaints about how unappreciated his work was. And delivery times could vary wildly. So yes they were excellent work, but drove many of us crazy not knowing what the reaction would be to questions about details and delivery.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I don't believe he's made any for some time now. There was a sort of love/hate relationship with the Sunbeam community where sometimes things would be cordial and other time complaints about how unappreciated his work was. And delivery times could vary wildly. So yes they were excellent work, but drove many of us crazy not knowing what the reaction would be to questions about details and delivery.
As I recall, he was okay with the Sunbeam community. Just had problems with Alpines. In order to get panels, you had to tell him they were for a Tiger.
Bill

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Jan, I am not familiar with Martel Panels (I am in UK). I have had numerous panels made to order by Radford Panels (good quality but often a long wait), I've bought them from suppliers such as Alpine West Midlands and Sunbeam Spares but I have probably bought most from Chris Draycott. Over the years he has had different metalworkers make his panels but they have always been very high end.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I would say the most difficult panel to replicate are the outer, rocker panels. Rob Martel's rocker panels were a dream to install. I make my own rockers now by using Martel's as a pattern. I just made a set for a Tiger project.
Jan